Getting Values from a datagrid row

Lee Trotter

Hi All,

I have a datagrid that i have enabled the select button on. When then user
clicks the select button for a row I need to get the values out of the 3
fields in that row.

Has anyone been able to do this before? A link or code example would be
great.

Thanks

Lee

Scott M.

In the DataGrid's SelectCommand Event Handler:

'This assumes that the data to get is in TextBox controls
'If not, adjust the variable declaration accordingly
Dim x, y, z as textbox
x = e.item.findcontrol(controlName)
y = e.item.findcontrol(controlName)
z = e.item.findcontrol(controlName)

At this point, you can get the data from the text property of x, y and z.