Getting values from control to control to control

Rock

I have several controls -- a ucHeader, ucMenu, ucDetails, where ucMenu has a
drop down list.

I also have control ucMain, which contains controls ucHeader and ucMenu

frmMain contains ucMain, along with ucDetails
How do I get a value from ucMenu to ucDetails?

in ucMenu, I have a public event SelectedItemChanged, and a
public property SelectedItem. I can pull the value of the ucmenu drop down
list from ucMain when the user changes the value of the drop down list, but
how do I get the original value?

And is there a way to for ucDetails get these values directly from ucMenu or
do I have to go through the list: ucMenu is on ucMain so ucMain gets the
values, then since ucMain is on frmMain, frmMain can then get the values,
then maybe, just maybe, ucDetails can get the values from frmMain???