Getting Values from Dynamically Created Template Columns in Gridview

springtraining

I have created a gridview in my application, based on results from a
dropdownlist on the page. I am trying to allow all resulting
textboxes to be edited at once (instead of having to click the edit
button for each row and then clicking on the update button once
edited). As a result, I am dynamically creating the gridview (and
that part is working just fine).

The problem I'm facing is when I try to update the database. I am not
sure how to access the textboxes created in each column.

The textboxes as they are being added are not given names, so I can't
use "FindControl." While working in the immediate window, I am told
that although there are textboxes in the cells, the cell doesn't have
any controls.

I'm just trying to find the value within one of these textboxes.

Thank you all in advance.