Getting VideoCapture to work with Python 2.5

Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality

I can't seem to get VideoCapture (http://videocapture.sourceforge.net/)
to work with my version of Python (2.5). Why is that? I've followed the
instructions which made it look easy but, as it happens all too often, it
simply doesn't work. The error I get is that the .py interface file can't
find an expected module (using the "import" keyword) but that module exists
as a DLL in the correct directory. Why doesn't it recognize it?
Has anyone else used this library with Python 2.5 successfully? Any
theories as to what might be going wrong? Thank you...

Carsten Haese

I can't seem to get VideoCapture (http://videocapture.sourceforge.net/)
to work with my version of Python (2.5). Why is that? I've followed the
instructions which made it look easy but, as it happens all too often, it
simply doesn't work. The error I get is that the .py interface file can't
find an expected module (using the "import" keyword) but that module exists
as a DLL in the correct directory. Why doesn't it recognize it?
Has anyone else used this library with Python 2.5 successfully? Any
theories as to what might be going wrong? Thank you...

DLL extension modules have to be compiled specifically for each major
Python version. The website makes no indication that the module is
supposed to work on Python 2.5, and the zip file contains folders for
Python 2.0 through 2.4, but 2.5 is conspicuously missing. You could
downgrade to Python 2.4 or ask the author to make a version for Python
2.5 available.

-Carsten