    It states this three times like above. Is there something I need to
    do ?

    Rae
    Rae, Feb 10, 2007

  2. Rae wrote:
    > I uninstalled my old ruby (v 1.8521 I think it was), and installed
    > 1.8522 (windows installer).
    > When the interactive Ruby console comes up it states:
    >
    > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
    > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
    > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
    >
    > It states this three times like above. Is there something I need to
    > do ?
    >
    > Rae

    Do you have an .irbrc file? Does it use "require_gem"? If so, edit the
    file and change all the "require_gem" method calls to plain old
    "require". (Unless you were using "require_gem" for it's actual purpose
    of requiring a specific version of a gem, instead of using it as a
    synonym for "require", which is what it was used for most of the time.)
    Timothy Hunter, Feb 10, 2007

  3. Rae

    Rae Guest

    On Feb 10, 5:14 pm, Timothy Hunter <> wrote:
    > Rae wrote:
    > > I uninstalled my old ruby (v 1.8521 I think it was), and installed
    > > 1.8522 (windows installer).
    > > When the interactive Ruby console comes up it states:

    > > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
    > > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.
    > > C:0:Warning: require_gem is obsolete. Use gem instead.

    > > It states this three times like above. Is there something I need to
    > > do ?

    > > Rae

    > Do you have an .irbrc file? Does it use "require_gem"? If so, edit the
    > file and change all the "require_gem" method calls to plain old
    > "require". (Unless you were using "require_gem" for it's actual purpose
    > of requiring a specific version of a gem, instead of using it as a
    > synonym for "require", which is what it was used for most of the time.)- Hide quoted text -

    I just did a search on my computer and I didn't find any .irbrc files.
    Rae, Feb 11, 2007