Getting web service dataset into xml

John

Hi

I need to access to a web service method that returns a dataset type. Is
there a way to store this remote dataset as an xml file locally, using
vb.net, so I can open a local dataset on the xml? A code example would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

It's not clear what you are doing.

a .NET webservice can return a dataset.

[WebMethod]
public System.DataSet Method() {
System.DataSet ds= new DataSet();
da.Fill(ds);
return ds;
}

A .NET webservice client can retrieve the dataset. eg
System.DataSet ds1= wsproxy.Method();

Then you have the dataset locally and can do what you want with it?

John

If only someone had explained it like this. :)

Thanks

Regards

John said:
Hi

I need to access to a web service method that returns a dataset type. Is
there a way to store this remote dataset as an xml file locally, using
vb.net, so I can open a local dataset on the xml? A code example would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

John

PS: How can I then store the local dataset into an access table locally?

Thank again

Regards

John said:
Hi

I need to access to a web service method that returns a dataset type. Is
there a way to store this remote dataset as an xml file locally, using
vb.net, so I can open a local dataset on the xml? A code example would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Kondratyev Denis

Something like this

OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter(query_string, connection_string);
OleDbComandBuilder cb = new OleDbComandBuilder(da);
da.InsertCommand = cb.GetInsertCommand(); // if u onlu insert new rows -
if u update or delete use other commands
da.Update(ds);