    appreciated.

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Jun 25, 2004

  2. It's not clear what you are doing.

    a .NET webservice can return a dataset.

    [WebMethod]
    public System.DataSet Method() {
    System.DataSet ds= new DataSet();
    da.Fill(ds);
    return ds;
    }

    A .NET webservice client can retrieve the dataset. eg
    System.DataSet ds1= wsproxy.Method();

    Then you have the dataset locally and can do what you want with it?

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Jun 25, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    If only someone had explained it like this. :)

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Jun 25, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    PS: How can I then store the local dataset into an access table locally?

    Thank again

    John, Jun 25, 2004
  5. Something like this

    OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter(query_string, connection_string);
    OleDbComandBuilder cb = new OleDbComandBuilder(da);
    da.InsertCommand = cb.GetInsertCommand(); // if u onlu insert new rows -
    if u update or delete use other commands
    da.Update(ds);

    Kondratyev Denis, Jun 26, 2004