    However, I just tested the project and it seems that I can run and debug
    just fine. Does anyone have a fix for this annoyance? I am assuming that a
    patch is needed for VS.NET to properly interpret the Framework version?
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ29ub3Jvenpv?=, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Hi David,

    From your description, you've VS.NET2003 installed on a win2k3 server.
    After you installed the .net framework's sp1 on that machine, you find the
    VS.NET will popup
    =================
    the webserver is not running ASP.NET
    1.1 and that I will not be able to run my web projects.
    ==================
    err mesage when you opening a web project yes?

    As you also mentioned that you've tested the project and you can run and
    debug it fine, is the test performed on the same box? And I suggest that we
    try the following tests also:
    1. Creating a new asp.net web project to see whether this message also
    occur ( also reopen it after creating)

    2. Create a single aspx page which only contains the following code
    <% Response.Write ( System.Enviroment.Version) %>
    to see what's the framework version it indicate

    In addition, if the problem is due to the asp.net1.1's installation, you
    can try using the aspnet_regiis tool to reregister the asp.net1.1. Just type
    aspnet_regiis -i
    under the
    {windows dir}\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 folder

    If you have any other questions or new findings, please also feel free to
    post here.
    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 1, 2004

  3. Hi David,

    Have you had a chance to check the things in my last reply or have you got
    any further progresses on this issue? If there 're anything else we can
    help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security