Getting width of element content without padding/border/margin?

Markus Fischer

Hi,

does anyone has an idea how I can get the content width of an element
without it's padding/border/margins?

element.offsetWidth gives me the sum of all, but I only need it of the
content area. I'm having a hard time subtracting the other values
(pad/bord/marg) because I don't know their pixel values.

Is there an easier way?

thanks,
- MArkus