    credential without the dialog box?

    Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

    , Jun 11, 2007

  2. If your app is for users who trust you and won't mind setting special
    security for your site, look at the WshNetwork object. Google for it if
    interested.

    If your app is for general public, imagine what security havoc this would've
    created had it been possible.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 11, 2007

    How can this be safely passed onto server for checking? All I am
    trying to do is to make sure the current user is allow to log onto the
    page.

    Thanks in advance. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

    On Jun 11, 11:28 am, "Eliyahu Goldin"
    <> wrote:
    > If your app is for users who trust you and won't mind setting special
    > security for your site, look at the WshNetwork object. Google for it if
    > interested.
    >
    > If your app is for general public, imagine what security havoc this would've
    > created had it been possible.
    >
    > --
    > Eliyahu Goldin,
    > Software Developer & Consultant
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > I wonder how can I get the window/network credential from the user
    > > machine thru' ASP.NET?

    > > I have been using LDAP, however, the user will be prompted for
    > > username and password at least once. Is there a way to get the user
    > > credential without the dialog box?

    > > Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

    , Jun 12, 2007