Getting window credential from user machine thru' ASP.NET

sweetpotatop

Hi,

I wonder how can I get the window/network credential from the user
machine thru' ASP.NET?

I have been using LDAP, however, the user will be prompted for
username and password at least once. Is there a way to get the user
credential without the dialog box?

Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Eliyahu Goldin

If your app is for users who trust you and won't mind setting special
security for your site, look at the WshNetwork object. Google for it if
interested.

If your app is for general public, imagine what security havoc this would've
created had it been possible.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

sweetpotatop

How can this be safely passed onto server for checking? All I am
trying to do is to make sure the current user is allow to log onto the
page.

Thanks in advance. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

If your app is for users who trust you and won't mind setting special
security for your site, look at the WshNetwork object. Google for it if
interested.

If your app is for general public, imagine what security havoc this would've
created had it been possible.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net

I wonder how can I get the window/network credential from the user
machine thru' ASP.NET?
I have been using LDAP, however, the user will be prompted for
username and password at least once. Is there a way to get the user
credential without the dialog box?
Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -