    Does anyone know what the hell is going on here??

    Thx!
    Bart
    Bart van den Burg, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Fixed it now by giving the left menu a -3px margin-right... Although i still
    think it's rather weird :/
    Bart van den Burg, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Bart van den Burg wrote:

    > Ok, so here's my page: http://80.60.202.155/TVR new/
    > Opera and Mozilla are both very friendly, and render the page as i expect
    > them to. However: IE doesn't! Somehow there is a 2px margin at the right
    > side of the left layer, and i just cannot figure out where it's coming from.
    > I'm going absolutely crazy here, and I'm about to throw my computer out of
    > the window!

    > Does anyone know what the hell is going on here??

    No, but here's another issue. Firefox 1.0.

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/ff0129.gif

    Looks about the same with Opera and Konqueror.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Response To Extended Endless September:
    Now kill-filing posts made with User-Agent G2
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Bart van den Burg

    Richard Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:04:27 +0100 Bart van den Burg wrote:

    > Ok, so here's my page: http://80.60.202.155/TVR new/
    > Opera and Mozilla are both very friendly, and render the page as i
    > expect
    > them to. However: IE doesn't! Somehow there is a 2px margin at the
    > right
    > side of the left layer, and i just cannot figure out where it's coming
    > from.
    > I'm going absolutely crazy here, and I'm about to throw my computer out
    > of
    > the window!

    > Does anyone know what the hell is going on here??

    > Thx!
    > Bart

    You can't have a negative margin.

    body {margin:0%;}

    No dot or # before body. try that and see if it makes IE happy.
    BTW, in your styles area, not the <body> tag.
    Richard, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Bart van den Burg

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote

    > You can't have a negative margin.

    How can any one person be so consistantly and completely wrong in all
    matters.

    Negative margins *ARE* allowed. It even says so in the reccomendations:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/box.html#mpb-examples
    and to quote the specific wordage:

    <quote>
    Negative values for margin properties are allowed, but there may be
    implementation-specific limits.
    </quote>

    Message to newbies: Beware. This is merely one example of how diametrically
    wrong RtS can be. If he is so wrong with such a fundamental as the value of
    the margin property I leave you to draw your own conclusion about the rest
    of his blatherings.
    rf, Jan 30, 2005
  6. Bart van den Burg

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

    >You can't have a negative margin.

    Yes you can. Read the spec.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Jan 30, 2005
  7. "Blinky the Shark" <> schreef in bericht
    > Bart van den Burg wrote:
    >
    > > Ok, so here's my page: http://80.60.202.155/TVR new/
    > > Opera and Mozilla are both very friendly, and render the page as i

    expect
    > > them to. However: IE doesn't! Somehow there is a 2px margin at the right
    > > side of the left layer, and i just cannot figure out where it's coming

    from.
    > > I'm going absolutely crazy here, and I'm about to throw my computer out

    of
    > > the window!

    > > Does anyone know what the hell is going on here??

    > No, but here's another issue. Firefox 1.0.
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/ff0129.gif
    >
    > Looks about the same with Opera and Konqueror.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >
    > Response To Extended Endless September:
    > Now kill-filing posts made with User-Agent G2

    Hi,

    thanks for letting me know this :) Actually, this is not a
    FixeFox/Opera/Konquerer problem, but a font problem in linux... Do you know
    what i should change

    font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    font-size: 9pt;

    into, in order to get the fonts as big as they are in windows?

    Thanks!
    Bart van den Burg, Jan 30, 2005
  8. "Bart van den Burg" <> schreef in bericht
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> schreef in bericht
    > > Bart van den Burg wrote:
    > >
    > > > Ok, so here's my page: http://80.60.202.155/TVR new/
    > > > Opera and Mozilla are both very friendly, and render the page as i

    > expect
    > > > them to. However: IE doesn't! Somehow there is a 2px margin at the

    right
    > > > side of the left layer, and i just cannot figure out where it's coming

    > from.
    > > > I'm going absolutely crazy here, and I'm about to throw my computer

    out
    > of
    > > > the window!

    > > > Does anyone know what the hell is going on here??

    > > No, but here's another issue. Firefox 1.0.
    > >
    > > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/ff0129.gif
    > >
    > > Looks about the same with Opera and Konqueror.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    > >
    > > Response To Extended Endless September:
    > > Now kill-filing posts made with User-Agent G2

    > Hi,
    >
    > thanks for letting me know this :) Actually, this is not a
    > FixeFox/Opera/Konquerer problem, but a font problem in linux... Do you

    know
    > what i should change
    >
    > font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    > font-size: 9pt;
    >
    > into, in order to get the fonts as big as they are in windows?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Actually... I'm surprised by Opera's results (in linux). I'm running 7.54,
    and i noticed that all the fonts are serif :?
    It clearly states in the CSS: font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    Does anyone know if this is a bug or something?
    Bart van den Burg, Jan 30, 2005