    Does a ghostscript interface for python exist? I have searched google
    quite a bit and all I have been able to find are command line hacks
    from within python. Thanks in advance for any useful help.
    defcon8, Sep 10, 2006

  2. defcon8

    John Purser Guest

    On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 08:14 -0700, defcon8 wrote:
    > Does a ghostscript interface for python exist? I have searched google
    > quite a bit and all I have been able to find are command line hacks
    > from within python. Thanks in advance for any useful help.

    I'm not sure what you mean by a "Ghostscript interface". Ghostscript is
    a program. Yes, you can run it from Python using the same methods you
    run any other program from Python but I'd hardly call that an
    "interface".

    If you're looking for a python postscript generator I believe a google
    search will turn up a number of products.

    If you're looking for a python .pdf generator you might want to check
    out:
    http://www.reportlab.org/

    John Purser
    John Purser, Sep 10, 2006

  3. defcon8 wrote:
    > Does a ghostscript interface for python exist? I have searched google
    > quite a bit and all I have been able to find are command line hacks
    > from within python. Thanks in advance for any useful help.

    I'm not aware of a specific interface to the Ghostscript API, but it is
    trivial to implement one with ctypes (included with 2.5).

    Andrew I MacIntyre "These thoughts are mine alone..."
    E-mail: (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
    (alt) | Belconnen ACT 2616
    Web: http://www.andymac.org/ | Australia
    Andrew MacIntyre, Sep 10, 2006