    meagain Guest

    Are gif files supposed to repeat
    when used as background images?
    meagain, Feb 5, 2013

  2. meagain

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ker1rr$t49$>,
    meagain <> wrote:

    > Are gif files supposed to repeat
    > when used as background images?

    Yes. The repeat is controlled by the CSS.

    background: #fff url(img.gif) repeat;

    or

    background: #fff url(img.gif) no-repeat;

    The former acts the same as

    background: #fff url(img.gif);

    repeat being default.

    Same goes for jpgs and pngs and whatever there is browser support for.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 5, 2013

  3. meagain

    dorayme Guest

    In article <kes1i9$8fi$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > In article <ker1rr$t49$>,
    > > meagain <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Are gif files supposed to repeat when used as background images?

    > > Yes. The repeat is controlled by the CSS.

    > Didn't you wonder if meagain meant animated gifs, animating in the
    > background? :)

    I happen to have one of those in an old experiment:

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/dancer/dancer.html>

    You can vary the repeats for none, just horiz or just vert.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 6, 2013
  4. meagain

    dorayme Guest

    In article <kes8ql$llf$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > >> Didn't you wonder if meagain meant animated gifs, animating in the
    > >> background? :)

    > > I happen to have one of those in an old experiment:
    > >
    > > <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/dancer/dancer.html>

    > Oh my. One cannot look at *that* for very long!!

    The interesting thing about the dancer is that you can see her turning
    either clockwise or anticlockwise, cf. Wittgenstein's duck/rabbit
    still drawing.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 6, 2013
  5. meagain

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Feb 5, 6:32 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article <kes1i9$>,
    >  "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    > > dorayme wrote:

    > > > Yes. The repeat is controlled by the CSS.

    > > Didn't you wonder if meagain meant animated gifs, animating in the
    > > background?   :)

    > I happen to have one of those in an old experiment:
    >
    > <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/dancer/dancer.html>
    >
    > You can vary the repeats for none, just horiz or just vert.

    How about an animated gif that changes the size and flashes. See
    http://www.cwdjr.net/picani/valentine.html . :). Also one could add
    multi-colored confetti using Java and many random flashing colored
    lines. I will not take the time to do this, because in return for the
    Valentine I am afraid I would receive some beautiful raw Easter eggs
    via slow boat from Australia. -:)
    cwdjrxyz, Feb 9, 2013
  6. meagain

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > On Feb 5, 6:32 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > In article <kes1i9$>,

    > > > Didn't you wonder if meagain meant animated gifs, animating in the
    > > > background?   :)

    > > I happen to have one of those in an old experiment:
    > >
    > > <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/alt/dancer/dancer.html>
    > >
    > > You can vary the repeats for none, just horiz or just vert.

    > How about an animated gif that changes the size and flashes. See
    > http://www.cwdjr.net/picani/valentine.html . :).

    er... yes well... actually I am looking for something, perhaps a
    little subtler - no offence cwdjrxyz - to send to the email address
    of a special earthling friend, all suggestions welcome! <g>

    > Also one could add
    > multi-colored confetti using Java and many random flashing colored
    > lines. I will not take the time to do this, because in return for the
    > Valentine I am afraid I would receive some beautiful raw Easter eggs
    > via slow boat from Australia. -:)

    No need for that, I have men all over the world that can do my
    bidding- rememember, I organised the hunting down of the gang of thugs
    that beat poor old Luigi (bless his soul) on the French-German border.
    But don't worry, cwdjrxyz, I would not send you anything unpleasant, I
    still recall you helping me out with some film I needed to get online
    for a job ages ago.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 9, 2013