    http://bluewatermobiledog.com/

    Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Dan

    Dan, Dec 11, 2008

  2. Dan

    rf Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Any ideas on why the menus on this website disappear when the mouse
    > hovers over them? However, on a page refresh, they reappear. Hmm?!?
    >
    > http://bluewatermobiledog.com/
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can provide!

    The Javascript you use for changing images on mouseover is totally broken.

    Throw it away and use real text, instead of pictures of text, and CSS to
    indicate hover.

    BTW nowhere on that site you indicate where you are, or even which country
    you are in.

    OMG I just drifted into the portfolio page. Do you realize you have FOUR
    MEGABYTES of images in there for four rather small images of dogs?

    Do NOT resize images in the browser, especially 2021 by 2100 pixel ones.
    Resize them and then compress them in your imaging software before uploading
    them to the web.

    And do you really think anybody has a 2733 x 2040 pixel screen to view that
    picture of a bus? Ludicrous. I am definitely *not* going to activate that
    "see more pictures" link.

    rf, Dec 11, 2008

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    On Dec 11, 12:59 am, "rf" <> wrote:
    > Dan wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > Any ideas on why the menus on this website disappear when the mouse
    > > hovers over them?  However, on a page refresh, they reappear.  Hmm?!?

    > >http://bluewatermobiledog.com/

    > > Thanks for any help you can provide!

    > The Javascript you use for changing images on mouseover is totally broken..
    >
    > Throw it away and use real text, instead of pictures of text, and CSS to
    > indicate hover.
    >
    > BTW nowhere on that site you indicate where you are, or even which country
    > you are in.
    >
    > OMG I just drifted into the portfolio page. Do you realize you have FOUR
    > MEGABYTES of images in there for four rather small images of dogs?
    >
    > Do NOT resize images in the browser, especially 2021 by 2100 pixel ones.
    > Resize them and then compress them in your imaging software before uploading
    > them to the web.
    >
    > And do you really think anybody has a 2733 x 2040 pixel screen to view that
    > picture of a bus? Ludicrous. I am definitely *not* going to activate that
    > "see more pictures" link.

    Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can figure out your suggestions.
    That's why I asked for help cuz' I'm a total rookie here! :)

    Dan, Dec 11, 2008
  4. Dan wrote:

    > Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can figure out your suggestions.
    > That's why I asked for help cuz' I'm a total rookie here! :)

    Well do some training first, you had to before you could get your
    driver's license right?

    http://www.htmldog.com

    and go through the tutorials...

    --