    ideas on how to do that ?

    tia,
    rouble
    Roubles, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Roubles

    Oscar kind Guest

    Roubles <> wrote:
    > If I am given a jpg of a map and a number of GIS co-ordinates, any
    > ideas on how I can go about plotting those coordinates on the jpg ?
    >
    > Further, if I had to draw a line between two GIS co-ordinates - any
    > ideas on how to do that ?

    You need a way to translate GIS coordinates into map coordinates. The rest
    follows naturally.

    If GIS coordinates are carthesian, you merely need the GIS coordinates of two
    diagonally opposite map corners. You can then scale and translate as
    needed to convert any GIS coordinate.

    If GIS coordinates are polar you can essentially do the same, but you'll
    have to convert between polar and carthesian coordinates as well.

    --
    Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

    Oscar kind, Nov 6, 2004