GIS co-ordinates

Roubles

Hi,

If I am given a jpg of a map and a number of GIS co-ordinates, any
ideas on how I can go about plotting those coordinates on the jpg ?

Further, if I had to draw a line between two GIS co-ordinates - any
ideas on how to do that ?

tia,
rouble

Oscar kind

Roubles said:
If I am given a jpg of a map and a number of GIS co-ordinates, any
ideas on how I can go about plotting those coordinates on the jpg ?

Further, if I had to draw a line between two GIS co-ordinates - any
ideas on how to do that ?

You need a way to translate GIS coordinates into map coordinates. The rest
follows naturally.

If GIS coordinates are carthesian, you merely need the GIS coordinates of two
diagonally opposite map corners. You can then scale and translate as
needed to convert any GIS coordinate.

If GIS coordinates are polar you can essentially do the same, but you'll
have to convert between polar and carthesian coordinates as well.