Give ASPNET Write access to registry key programatically

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Armando Canez, Dec 16, 2006.

  1. This seems like a pretty straightforward question, but I can't seem to find
    anything useful.

    I know ASPNET (or NETWORK SERVICE) does not have registry write access by
    default. so I need to give it to it programatically.

    Dose anyone know how can I give full access to a specific user account
    (actually the one running my Web app. Wich account, is another question) to
    a specific registry key? I need to create different subkeys in my web app.

    I want to do this in a vsinstaller custom action, so I believe the user
    running this code will have adminstrator privileges.

    .... I'm running a little bit desperate here.

    Thanks in advance.

    I'm using ASPNET, VB.NET, VS2003 (.NET 1.1.4322)

    --
    Not an MCSDE, MVP, MCDE, MSFT or WTF
    Not a single certification, besides my degree.

    Armando Canez, Dec 16, 2006