    to select books of java !

    Thank you!

    Zhang

    yuyazhang, Apr 24, 2006

  2. yuyazhang

    Guest

    > I am a beginner of java programing ! In general, I use tool Ecilpse
    > to program; I hope that some experienced java programer give me some
    > advice about how to master java programing and which
    > to select books of java !

    I would recommend 'Head First Java' by Bert Bates & Kathy Sierra.
    (O'Reilly). Very understandable en very funny !

    , Apr 24, 2006

  3. yuyazhang

    Guest

    , Apr 24, 2006
  4. yuyazhang wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am a beginner of java programing ! In general, I use tool Ecilpse
    > to program; I hope that some experienced java programer give me some
    > advice about how to master java programing and which
    > to select books of java !
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Zhang

    Take a look at the Java book recommendations at TechBookReport
    http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html

    TechBookReport, Apr 24, 2006
  5. yuyazhang

    Guest

    Re: Give me some advice about some books of Java programing!

    I'd definitely recommend Thinking in Java to anyone wanting to learn
    Java. It's a great book simply because it becomes such a great
    reference book once you're familiar with it. I've just bought the 5th
    edition, which includes chapers on generics amongst other things.

    , Apr 24, 2006
  6. yuyazhang

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 24 Apr 2006 04:07:42 -0700, "yuyazhang" <>

    > I am a beginner of java programing ! In general, I use tool Ecilpse
    >to program; I hope that some experienced java programer give me some
    >advice about how to master java programing and which
    >to select books of java !

    Usually books on very specific topics are most useful. You can learn
    most of what you need to know about Java in general from free
    materials. O'Reilly make a good series.

    If you google with "recommend book" site:mindprod.com then the
    topic, you should get a recommendation.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Apr 24, 2006
  7. yuyazhang

    Homer Guest

    Re: Give me some advice about some books of Java programing!

    I always believe JBuilder is much easier to use than Eclipse specially
    for begining. You can download the Founational version for free from
    Borland.

    Homer, Apr 24, 2006
  8. yuyazhang

    yuyazhang Guest

    Re: Give me some advice about some books of Java programing!

    thank you !

    yuyazhang, Apr 25, 2006
  9. yuyazhang

    yuyazhang, Apr 25, 2006
  10. yuyazhang

    Guest

    Re: Give me some advice about some books of Java programing!

    [about books and stuff]

    Hey Zhang,

    What is very important in an advice on books is your own background.
    For example are you a novice also to programming, or do you have
    background programming knowledge? The best way to find a good book is
    to find out why others dislike it. I can see in Amazon that a few
    people dislike the book Thinking In Java, because it assumes some C++
    knowledge. And then I know, this book is perfect for me, since I have
    thorough C++ knowledge and was looking for a book that could explain me
    Java stuff without bothering me with the explanation what a for loop
    actually is.

    Marc Wentink

    , Apr 25, 2006
  11. Re: Give me some advice about some books of Java programing!

    Hi.

    I would recommend "Effective Java Programming Language Guide"
    (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/effective/) and "Head First Java 2th
    Edition", both they are good book for beginners.

    Manuel
    SCJP,SCWCD,SCBCD

    mloayzagahona, Apr 25, 2006
  12. yuyazhang

    yuyazhang Guest

    Re: Give me some advice about some books of Java programing!

    Thank you ! I am a graduate, and I has had a lot of knownologe about
    basis of Java. I mean that how to master java programing !

    yuyazhang, Apr 27, 2006
  13. yuyazhang

    yuyazhang, Apr 27, 2006
  14. yuyazhang

    Chris Smith Guest

    yuyazhang <> wrote:
    > I am a beginner of java programing ! In general, I use tool Ecilpse
    > to program; I hope that some experienced java programer give me some
    > advice about how to master java programing and which
    > to select books of java !

    If you are an accomplished programmer trying to learn Java, then the
    book "Java Precisely" by P. Sestoft seems pretty good from what I've
    seen of it.

    Otherwise, TIJ is a good recommendation, as is following internet
    resources (and in particular, Sun's Java Tutorial). I'd suggest
    following that up with a more comprehensive and rigorous coverage of the
    language to ensure you haven't missed something; Gosling, Joy, et al
    have "The Java Programming Language" which does that very well, and is
    considerably more readable at first than the language spec.

    Other good books include anything by Josh Bloch (Effective Java or the
    newer Java Puzzlers), but those should come after you think you know the
    language.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Apr 28, 2006
  15. yuyazhang

    yuyazhang Guest

    Re: Give me some advice about some books of Java programing!

    Thank you for giving me some advice!

    yuyazhang, Apr 29, 2006