Given STOP in debug mode, but still completing the execution.

Saran

Hi,

I am having a method that handles the click event of a button on
the page. This method will also send an email. Sending email comes
after several lines of code in the method. I was testing upper part of
the method, so i kept a break point in the upper part. The code
execution comes to a break in that point. I examined the values and
clicked "stop debugging" i.e., well before calling send email. But
strangely it continued to send the mail.

To make sure the it is continuing to execute the code, I thrown an
exception just before send email is called. I repeated the above
process. This time no mail was sent, as well as there is no page to
show my exception, since "stop debugging" closes the page.

This test showing me that "stop debugging" is not actually
stopping the execution immediately.

Is this the only way a ASP.Net can work? i.e., Can't stop
execution immediately.

I am using Framework 1.1 and VS.Net 2003 on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,
Saran.