Giving the user option to expand sections

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by GriffithsJ, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. GriffithsJ

    GriffithsJ Guest

    Hi

    Very new to this...

    I would like to set up the following:

    The web user does a search of a database and the results are returned in an
    HTML table. I want to present the user with a table that just shows the
    salient facts (brief item description, stock value, etc).

    However, I'd like to give the user the opportunity to expand (and if they
    wish to contract again) any one row of the table to display things like a
    picture and an extended description of the row item, rather than have them
    go to a separate page for this.

    I'd also like to give them the option to expand all rows in the table (and
    contract them again) if they wished.

    What's the best way to achieve this? I'm not sure of the target audience,
    so may have to support browsers using HTML4 (may even be Netscape...)

    Thanks for any advice you may be able to give

    Griff

    GriffithsJ, Oct 1, 2003

  2. I would suggest to put all the extra info between <DIV></DIV> with an
    invisible style property. Then write a Javascript function that loops
    through all the DIV's and change their visibility.

    Rick Groenewegen, Oct 1, 2003