    Regards
    Akhilesh
    , Aug 6, 2008

  2. Fred Guest

    On Aug 6, 6:30 am, ""
    <> wrote:
    > I have modified libc at few places as per my requirement. Now I want
    > to compile and install it on my linux machine. I am unable to perform
    > this even after following the steps fromhttp://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Glibc2-HOWTO-4.html.
    >
    > I need steps to compile and install glibc so that I can check the
    > effect of the changes using test programs.
    >
    > Please help me in resolving this issue.

    What is it you are unable to do?
    Could you not find the compiler?
    Did your code fail to compile?
    Were you unable archive the results?
    Were you unable to store the results?

    What error messages did you get for any of the steps?
    --
    Fred Kleinschmidt
    Fred, Aug 6, 2008

  3. santosh Guest

    wrote:

    > I have modified libc at few places as per my requirement. Now I want
    > to compile and install it on my linux machine. I am unable to perform
    > this even after following the steps from
    > http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Glibc2-HOWTO-4.html.
    >
    > I need steps to compile and install glibc so that I can check the
    > effect of the changes using test programs.
    >
    > Please help me in resolving this issue.

    This is completely off-topic for this group. Try a GNU or Linux
    newsgroup like gnu.misc.discuss, gnu.misc, gnu.utils.help,
    comp.os.linux.development.system, or a glibc mailing list etc.

    <OT>
    The Linux From Scratch project includes detailed instructions to compile
    libc as a part of it's main online book called LFS. See their site for
    more details.
    </OT>
    santosh, Aug 6, 2008
  4. Fred Guest

    On Aug 6, 7:43 am, santosh <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have modified libc at few places as per my requirement. Now I want
    > > to compile and install it on my linux machine. I am unable to perform
    > > this even after following the steps from
    > >http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Glibc2-HOWTO-4.html.

    > > I need steps to compile and install glibc so that I can check the
    > > effect of the changes using test programs.

    > > Please help me in resolving this issue.

    > This is completely off-topic for this group. Try a GNU or Linux
    > newsgroup like gnu.misc.discuss, gnu.misc, gnu.utils.help,
    > comp.os.linux.development.system, or a glibc mailing list etc.
    >
    > <OT>
    > The Linux From Scratch project includes detailed instructions to compile
    > libc as a part of it's main online book called LFS. See their site for
    > more details.
    > </OT>

    Not necessarily off-topic; the OP didn't say what he meant by
    being unable to perform the steps. If he got compile errors,
    it *might* be on topic.
    --
    fred Kleinschmidt
    Fred, Aug 6, 2008