glibc modification and installation

akhilesh.noida

I have modified libc at few places as per my requirement. Now I want
to compile and install it on my linux machine. I am unable to perform
this even after following the steps from http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Glibc2-HOWTO-4.html.

I need steps to compile and install glibc so that I can check the
effect of the changes using test programs.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards
Akhilesh

Fred

I have modified libc at few places as per my requirement. Now I want
to compile and install it on my linux machine. I am unable to perform
this even after following the steps fromhttp://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Glibc2-HOWTO-4.html.

I need steps to compile and install glibc so that I can check the
effect of the changes using test programs.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

What is it you are unable to do?
Could you not find the compiler?
Did your code fail to compile?
Were you unable archive the results?
Were you unable to store the results?

What error messages did you get for any of the steps?

santosh

I have modified libc at few places as per my requirement. Now I want
to compile and install it on my linux machine. I am unable to perform
this even after following the steps from
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Glibc2-HOWTO-4.html.

I need steps to compile and install glibc so that I can check the
effect of the changes using test programs.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

This is completely off-topic for this group. Try a GNU or Linux
newsgroup like gnu.misc.discuss, gnu.misc, gnu.utils.help,
comp.os.linux.development.system, or a glibc mailing list etc.

<OT>
The Linux From Scratch project includes detailed instructions to compile
libc as a part of it's main online book called LFS. See their site for
more details.
</OT>

Fred

This is completely off-topic for this group. Try a GNU or Linux
newsgroup like gnu.misc.discuss, gnu.misc, gnu.utils.help,
comp.os.linux.development.system, or a glibc mailing list etc.

<OT>
The Linux From Scratch project includes detailed instructions to compile
libc as a part of it's main online book called LFS. See their site for
more details.
</OT>

Not necessarily off-topic; the OP didn't say what he meant by
being unable to perform the steps. If he got compile errors,
it *might* be on topic.