Global Address List from ASP.NET web application?

bajaguide

I am writing an intranet web application that involves the end user
having to select multiple people from the total list of AD users at
our company. Ideally I would like to let the user click on a button
"Address Book" and have the same type of interface that comes up when
you perform that function in SharePoint. (A nice interface comes up
with type down, ability to search, select multiple entries etc).

The requiremets are:

The user needs to be able to select from a drop down list of all the
people in the company.
The list needs to load within a reasonable period of time (no more
than a couple of seconds).

Ideally the interface would also have "type down" and the ability to
do a find.

Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to do this in an
ASP.NET 2.0 web app?

I know I can use the client side SharePoint API in MSSVABW.dll, but I
can't get this to work with clients running Office 2007.

Ideally I would like to purchase a componant already written. I can't
believe there isn't already a control or ActiveX component out there
to access the GAL or *quickly* access Active Directory with a good
GUI...

If we can't purchase something, what is my best programmatic option?

Thanks in advance.

Steph.

Guest

[...]

SharePoint does that search using an import from AD to the own
database. You can use the same behavior (a regular import all the
users and using own database to search), or you can consider using AD
on-the-fly (see link below)

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/060525.htm

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/060525.htm