Global App Settings for multiple Applications?

Marc Castrechini

Does anyone have ideas on where or how to store standard app settings across
multiple applications? Something like a database server name?

Currently I have this information saved in Web.config for each app but I
would rather move it to one area so I can centralize the setting.

Is there a standard for storing server specific global information like
this?

I think in the past I may have used a global.asa but I can't quite remember.

TIA
- Marc

Teemu Keiski

If you have the permissions to do that (with hosting might be hard), you
certainly can store them to machine.config. They are available to all apps
from there.