global.asa in dotnet environment

Steve Chatham

I have a webserver that has both a global.asa and global.asax on the IIS
server. We're running both a dotnet and a traditional ASP application on
that web server.

In the global.asa I set up a session variable for Connectstring that has the
sql login on it, and points to a particular server.

In the global.asax, it actually reads a sql table that has the connectstring
in it. The dotnet application does as screenscrape of the traditional asp
and returns the results. Only thing I've found though, is that the dotnet
application will pull the correct data (from another server), but no matter
what, it seems to "inherit" the connectstring session variable from
global.asa - it'll change if I change it, it'll not run if I take the
connectstring variable out.

Any idea as to how to make the application use the connectstring from the
dotnet global.asax file?

SC