    if i create a virtual directory instead of IIS application,
    the global.asa run fine.

    How can i do to run global.asa on a subDirectory ?
    SOW Olivier, Feb 3, 2005

  2. SOW Olivier

    SOW Olivier Guest

    is what i did.
    i create a IIS app, but the global.asa don't run !
    don't understand what's wrong ?!?

    wwwroot
    -aSubFolder
    --myWebSite (which is a IIS app)
    ---global.asa (which don't run)

    if i do the follow that works fine:
    wwwroot
    -aSubFolder
    --myWebSite
    --myWebSiteVir (Virtual dir of myWebSite)
    ---global.asa (this time, it runs)

    SOW Olivier, Feb 4, 2005

  3. SOW Olivier

    SOW Olivier Guest

    http://server/subfolder/site/
    where "site" is an application IIS

    "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    | how are you accessing the site?
    | //server/subfolder/site
    | or
    | //server/site
    |

    | --
    | Curt Christianson
    | Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    | Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    |

    | "SOW Olivier" <> wrote in message
    | > is what i did.
    | > i create a IIS app, but the global.asa don't run !
    | > don't understand what's wrong ?!?
    | >
    | > wwwroot
    | > -aSubFolder
    | > --myWebSite (which is a IIS app)
    | > ---global.asa (which don't run)
    | >
    | > if i do the follow that works fine:
    | > wwwroot
    | > -aSubFolder
    | > --myWebSite
    | > --myWebSiteVir (Virtual dir of myWebSite)
    | > ---global.asa (this time, it runs)
    | >
    | > "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de
    | > | you dont... it has to be an app, which means either a Virtual Dir or a
    | > | Site... not a sub folder
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Curt Christianson
    | > | Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    | > | Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    | > |
    | > |

    SOW Olivier, Feb 4, 2005
  4. SOW Olivier

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Is myWebSite the root of a site or in a folder beneath a site? Your URL
    http://server/subfolder/site/ indicates that it is in a subfolder of a site
    but you are calling it a "site". Is it accessible by http://server/site?

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Feb 4, 2005
  5. SOW Olivier

    SOW Olivier Guest

    SOW is my family name and olivier my first name, i'm boy ! :D
    my URL is :
    http://localhost/subdir/myWebSite/

    where myWebSite is declared as an app in IIS and global.asa is present
    within

    "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    | basically what I was trying to get at.
    | He's declared it a VD & App, but he(she?) is calling it as a subfolder.
    |
    | --
    | Curt Christianson
    | Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    | Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
    |

    | "Mark Schupp" <> wrote in message
    | > Is myWebSite the root of a site or in a folder beneath a site? Your URL
    | > http://server/subfolder/site/ indicates that it is in a subfolder of a
    | > site but you are calling it a "site". Is it accessible by
    | > http://server/site?
    | >
    | > --
    | > --Mark Schupp
    | > Head of Development
    | > Integrity eLearning
    | > www.ielearning.com
    | >
    | > "SOW Olivier" <> wrote in message
    | >> http://server/subfolder/site/
    | >> where "site" is an application IIS
    | >>

    | >> "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de
    | >> |
    | >> |
    | >> |
    | >> |