global.asa in subdirectory

SOW Olivier

hi,

i have a site wich is in a subdirectory of the webSite.
I have to use a global.asa file to set session.timeOut
even i create an IIS application on the subDirectory global.asa don't run
?!?
if i create a virtual directory instead of IIS application,
the global.asa run fine.

How can i do to run global.asa on a subDirectory ?

SOW Olivier

is what i did.
i create a IIS app, but the global.asa don't run !
don't understand what's wrong ?!?

wwwroot
-aSubFolder
--myWebSite (which is a IIS app)
---global.asa (which don't run)

if i do the follow that works fine:
wwwroot
-aSubFolder
--myWebSite
--myWebSiteVir (Virtual dir of myWebSite)
---global.asa (this time, it runs)

"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de (e-mail address removed)...
| you dont... it has to be an app, which means either a Virtual Dir or a
| Site... not a sub folder
|
| --
| Curt Christianson
| Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
| Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
|

| | > hi,
| >
| > i have a site wich is in a subdirectory of the webSite.
| > I have to use a global.asa file to set session.timeOut
| > even i create an IIS application on the subDirectory global.asa don't
run
| > ?!?
| > if i create a virtual directory instead of IIS application,
| > the global.asa run fine.
| >
| > How can i do to run global.asa on a subDirectory ?

SOW Olivier

http://server/subfolder/site/
where "site" is an application IIS

"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de (e-mail address removed)...
| how are you accessing the site?
| //server/subfolder/site
| or
| //server/site
|

| --
| Curt Christianson
| Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
| Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
|

| | > is what i did.
| > i create a IIS app, but the global.asa don't run !
| > don't understand what's wrong ?!?
| >
| > wwwroot
| > -aSubFolder
| > --myWebSite (which is a IIS app)
| > ---global.asa (which don't run)
| >
| > if i do the follow that works fine:
| > wwwroot
| > -aSubFolder
| > --myWebSite
| > --myWebSiteVir (Virtual dir of myWebSite)
| > ---global.asa (this time, it runs)
| >
| > "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de
| > (e-mail address removed)...
| > | you dont... it has to be an app, which means either a Virtual Dir or a
| > | Site... not a sub folder
| > |
| > | --
| > | Curt Christianson
| > | Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
| > | Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
| > |
| > |

| > run

| > |
| > |

SOW Olivier

SOW is my family name and olivier my first name, i'm boy ! :D
my URL is :
http://localhost/subdir/myWebSite/

where myWebSite is declared as an app in IIS and global.asa is present
within

"Curt_C [MVP]" <software_AT_darkfalz.com> a écrit dans le message de (e-mail address removed)...
| basically what I was trying to get at.
| He's declared it a VD & App, but he(she?) is calling it as a subfolder.
|
| --
| Curt Christianson
| Site & Scripts: http://www.Darkfalz.com
| Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com
|

| | > Is myWebSite the root of a site or in a folder beneath a site? Your URL
| > http://server/subfolder/site/ indicates that it is in a subfolder of a
| > site but you are calling it a "site". Is it accessible by
| > http://server/site?
| >
| > --
| > --Mark Schupp
| > Head of Development