global asa problem..?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Savas Ates, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. Savas Ates

    Savas Ates Guest

    i have table to understand which user is online or offline...

    when a user enter the system i check the my field as 1

    when a user quit the site i want to make my field =0

    for this i used global.asa Sub Session_OnEnd and Sub Application_OnEnd
    both.

    Sub Session_OnEnd 'Runs when a user's session times out or quits
    your application

    when a user leave the site i think in global asa this events trigger..i also
    session.timeout features..but it doesnt work.. what is the my fault?

    my codes
    ***********************************
    Set baglantim=Server.Createobject("ADODB.Connection")
    Outpost="PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;Initial Catalog=friends;User Id=sa
    ;password=;Data Source=localhost"

    baglantim.open outpost
    sxx = sql="UPDATE users set status= 0 WHERE userid = 'savas';"
    baglantim.Execute(sxx)

    End Sub

    Sub Application_OnEnd

    Savas Ates, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Savas Ates

    name Guest

    read up w3.org historical section

    You can't de facto, however may be de jure.

    You can reserve a connection or resource on your server.

    An entry that stands for memory space (on the server)

    You can not 'force' a static relationship from either end.

    That's where the REQUEST comes in.

    A way to communicate and come to a mutual conclusion about
    continuation for a result.

    Not like trying to blowing up a remote machine per ELECTRICITY.

    What was the idea when they developed the and the current Internet ?

    Everything else is "believe system" or "digital nervous system".

    " WHERE userid = 'savas' "

    Yupp, make generations laugh, no chance.

    Even lexicalically trying "saveas", won't .

    Kapisch.

    name, Jul 31, 2004