Global.asax inheritance

Guest

Does the Global.asax from a parent application run for a child application? Is there a way to configure this to happen?

Scenario:

Site A has a parent: Site B

User goes from a page in site A to a page in site B

In session_end, I would like to destroy a cookie.

Shan Plourde

You'll need to have the .dll that contains the parent app's Global.asax
code behind avialable in the path of your child app.

Then in your child app global.asax you declare:
<%@ Application Inherits="Your fully qualified class name to your parent
global.asax" %>

You can probably copy the .dll to your child app's /bin directory and
the child app will find it since that's configured by default to be a
lookup path for dlls.
Shan Plourde

Guest

Thanks, I will try it.