Global.asax. Need Help. Thank You.

Shapper

Hello,

I want to check a cookie value, when the cookie exists, every time a
visitor enters my web site for the first time or once again.

I know this shouldn't be done in Page_Load...

I believe I should use global.asax. Can someone tell me how?

I know the cookie code. I just don't know where to place it.

Thanks,
Miguel

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

Idd, I stand corrected Session_start I wonder where I got the
Session_OnStart() from :p

G.

Brock Allen

I want to check a cookie value, when the cookie exists, every time a
visitor enters my web site for the first time or once again.

I'm not sure what this means exactly. If you only want to check it once and
you happen to be using Sessions then as others have mentioned, Session_Start
is a choice. If you intead would like to check for the cookie on every request,
you probably should do this in Application_PreRequestHandlerExecute.