    Any idea what's going on here?

    Thanks,
    Joe

    Joe, Apr 18, 2008

  2. The global.asax, in .NET 2.0, is compiled. Check your bin folder on the
    server and see if it is published. If you used single assemblies, you will
    easily find it. If not, you might have to examine the cryptic naming scheme
    to actually find global.asax compiled bits.

    If it is not compiling, that is an issue. If it is compiling but not firing,
    that is another issue.

    If you want to copy the site out there, you can. It will compile page by
    page, into memory, rather than use precompile IL (ala publish).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 18, 2008

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hi Gregory,

    Thanks for your response. I did find the compiled file.

    -Joe

    message news:...

    Joe, Apr 19, 2008
  4. Hi Joe,

    Yes, in ASP.NET 2.0 it by default use a dynamic compilation model for pages
    and components. For global.asax, this is not a file that will be directly
    visited by client browser, but be accessed by ASP.NET runtime internally.
    Thus, when you publish the webiste(perform precompilation), the global.asax
    will be generated as a class in assmbly and the global.asax file is removed.

    here are some other reference about ASP.NET precompilation and global.asax
    in ASP.NET 2.0

    #Precompilation In ASP.NET 2.0
    http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/417.aspx

    #Fixing the Global.asax in ASP.NET 2.0
    http://rossnelson.blogspot.com/2005/11/fixing-globalasax-in-aspnet-20.html

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    >From: "Joe" <>

    <>

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 21, 2008
  5. Hi Joe,

    Do you have any further question on this?

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Apr 23, 2008