    meaning...like application_start or global variables

    Regards,
    mekim

    mekim, Oct 28, 2004

  2. mekim

    Scott M. Guest

    Why do you say that Global.asax doesn't "seem" to be called?

    Global variables can be easially made by creating a public variable inside a
    public class. Once you have an instance of that class, you've got access to
    the variable.

    Scott M., Oct 29, 2004

  3. mekim

    mekim Guest

    I could be way off on this...so my apologies to the more tech savy w/ this
    :)...but my understanding is...becuz application_start does not seem to be
    called unless i invoke a webform

    so there is no event that is called the "first time any webservice is called
    in the app function"

    My way around this is to create a "global variable" that is a class that
    mimics the functionality of application_start ...begin etc

    mekim, Oct 29, 2004
  4. mekim

    Scott M. Guest

    A web service is still an application and so the first user to invoke the
    web service will fire application_start. This is easy enough to test.

    Again, you say that 'application_start does not "seem" to be called'. What
    are you basing that on? Why doesn't it "seem" to be called for you? How
    are you testing that assumption?

    Scott M., Oct 29, 2004
  5. mekim

    mekim Guest

    Hi Scott,

    I'll try to explain ...I have two projects in a solution

    the first a web app...the 2nd is a webservices app

    the web app calls a web method in the 2nd app...and application_start where
    I have a breakpoint is not called...

    Regards,
    mekim

    mekim, Oct 29, 2004