global.asax

mekim

Hello,

If i have a webservices project...since I am not calling a webform...the
global.asax does not seem to be called...where r u suppose to put the "global
stuff"?

meaning...like application_start or global variables

Regards,
mekim

Scott M.

Why do you say that Global.asax doesn't "seem" to be called?

Global variables can be easially made by creating a public variable inside a
public class. Once you have an instance of that class, you've got access to
the variable.

mekim

I could be way off on this...so my apologies to the more tech savy w/ this
:)...but my understanding is...becuz application_start does not seem to be
called unless i invoke a webform

so there is no event that is called the "first time any webservice is called
in the app function"

My way around this is to create a "global variable" that is a class that
mimics the functionality of application_start ...begin etc

Scott M.

A web service is still an application and so the first user to invoke the
web service will fire application_start. This is easy enough to test.

Again, you say that 'application_start does not "seem" to be called'. What
are you basing that on? Why doesn't it "seem" to be called for you? How
are you testing that assumption?

mekim

Hi Scott,

I'll try to explain ...I have two projects in a solution

the first a web app...the 2nd is a webservices app

the web app calls a web method in the 2nd app...and application_start where
I have a breakpoint is not called...

Regards,
mekim