    my domain www.domain.com now is running asp.net but still gets requests to
    asp pages which were there on the old server. Can I create some global http
    filter to redirect all .asp requests to the default.aspx page?
    Daves, May 31, 2006

  2. Daves

    parshu Guest

    Yes, i think u can create an HTTP Filter or Module that could help u
    interfere with low-level request and redirect the user accordingly.

    http://www.google.com/search?source...6-08,GGLG:en&q=HTTPHandler HTTPModule asp.net

    Regards
    Parshu

    parshu, May 31, 2006

  3. Daves

    Patrice Guest

    Besides creating a filter, it could be simpler to just create placeholder
    ASP pages that does the redirection to the appropriate location in the new
    application or to handle this in a global 404 error handling page...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, May 31, 2006