    those plugins eating the events ?

    Thanks !

    Pat

    Patricio Stegmann, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Patricio Stegmann

    Fabian Guest

    Patricio Stegmann hu kiteb:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to capture all keyboard events from some different web page
    > layouts: framesets with different stuff, like flash or whatever !
    > The problem I am getting is that only focused documents get those
    > events, ...

    > is there any way to have all events routed to a particular function
    > easily ? Or is it necessary to explicitly route them on each frame to
    > the particular place we want them to go; and is there a way to avoid
    > those plugins eating the events ?

    As I understand it, the definition of focus is that the focused object
    is the object that interacts with the various input devices. So making a
    page without intercepts the keyboard without having focus is logically
    impossible.

    Suppose I am running my favourite word processor in the foreground and
    your web page in the background. Why do you want to intercept
    mynovel.doc that I am writing while websurfing? It strikes me that this
    kind of script, if possible, could be used for stuff far more nefarious
    than reading my novel as I write it.

    I may, of course, be wrong here. Perhaps you aren't writing spyware.

    Fabian
    Visit my website often and for long periods!
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk

    Fabian, Dec 5, 2003

  3. "Fabian" <> wrote in message news:<bqoqp0$24k9bi$-berlin.de>...
    > Patricio Stegmann hu kiteb:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to capture all keyboard events from some different web page
    > > layouts: framesets with different stuff, like flash or whatever !
    > > The problem I am getting is that only focused documents get those
    > > events, ...

    > > is there any way to have all events routed to a particular function
    > > easily ? Or is it necessary to explicitly route them on each frame to
    > > the particular place we want them to go; and is there a way to avoid
    > > those plugins eating the events ?

    > As I understand it, the definition of focus is that the focused object
    > is the object that interacts with the various input devices. So making a
    > page without intercepts the keyboard without having focus is logically
    > impossible.
    >
    > Suppose I am running my favourite word processor in the foreground and
    > your web page in the background. Why do you want to intercept
    > mynovel.doc that I am writing while websurfing? It strikes me that this
    > kind of script, if possible, could be used for stuff far more nefarious
    > than reading my novel as I write it.
    >
    > I may, of course, be wrong here. Perhaps you aren't writing spyware.
    >

    > --

    Hi Fabian,

    Believe me, I am not writing any kind of spyware or whatever !!!
    Actually we are developping some web applications (elearning apps)
    that use extensive interactivity and offer some nice tools for the
    learner. Tha whole applications are driven via an API which controls
    many aspects of the pages. And browsers and standards are enough
    secure to disallow any kind of tricks. I know I could do what I want
    by explicitly route events to that API but it would be easier if there
    was any kind of syntax for this.
    I understand what you say about "independance of objects" but in a web
    page it is kind of different because in my case there is ONE window,
    and DOM allows frames to talk to each other ...
    Hope there is some kind of solution to this ...

    Pat

    Patricio Stegmann, Dec 5, 2003