    TIA

    JS
    , Jul 19, 2005

  2. Steve Lutz Guest

    Questions about the messages:
    1) Are they supposed to live across requests?
    2) Are messages to specific user or to ALL users?
    3) Are you intercepting messages, or just receiving them?

    If you just want a simple message queue that lives through-out a request,
    then you can create it in System.Web.HttpContext.Current and add items to
    it. It goes away after the request is completed

    If you want it to live through-out a user's session, you can stick the
    messages in the Session as a session variable.

    If messages are to multiple users, spanning multiple http requests and
    multiple sessions, I'd suggest a database solution.

    HTH
    Steve

    Steve Lutz, Jul 23, 2005