    which use shared libraries can see the changes made to the global
    variables by the other applications.

    , Jul 15, 2008

  2. santosh Guest

    wrote:

    > Is it possible to share global variables such that all applications
    > which use shared libraries can see the changes made to the global
    > variables by the other applications.

    You need shared memory or some other form of interprocess communication.
    Pure C cannot do what you want except by overly cumbersome ways or my
    making system specific assumptions (example: that the system employs no
    memory protection etc.). You will get better answers and ideas if you
    ask in a group for you system like comp.unix.programmer for UNIX and
    clones and comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 for Windows machines.

    santosh, Jul 15, 2008