global vars in ASP.NET

Guest

Hi,
I’m desperate to have a solution for this problem. This is a system critical
order entry application and I simply need to have a bunch of global (public)
variables to store information before it gets written to the database. I have
tried public structures defined in a VB module just to latter learn that they
(the strucs) would be static and so available to all users in the network so
a order entered in one computer would be the same in all other computers in
the network …..NOT the effect one would be looking for….What can I do ?

Thanks

C.Fleury

Kevin Spencer

So, in fact, you don't want truly global variables. You want variables that
are global to all pages, but unique to each user, right?

Try Session.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Mark Rae

I have tried public structures defined in a VB module just to latter learn
that they
(the strucs) would be static and so available to all users in the network

Funny that - you'd almost think they were global variables... :)

Guest

Exactly....That's what I need...

Your name is familiar (apart from this group) !!! Have you done Clipper in
the past ?

Thanks
C.Fleury

Kevin Spencer

Your name is familiar (apart from this group) !!! Have you done Clipper in
the past ?

Afraid not, C. My experience is fairly limited to Microsoft products and
development. I DID start out with a Borland C++ compiler, but that was a
decade ago!

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer