Globalization and satellite assemblies

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Niels Behrensen, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I'm developing an ASP.NET application that uses
    globalization. The
    language information is stored in .resx-files.
    For development I use VS.NET 2003, IIS v5.1, Framework
    v1.1, Windows XP
    Pro.
    During the build the resources are correctly compiled
    into satellite
    assemblies and stored in the appropriate subfolders.
    Using the Asp.net
    application on my local machine produces the expected
    output. Also the
    access through the network produces the desired result.
    Everything seems
    to be fine so far.

    The problem starts when I copy the application to another
    webserver in
    the intranet. (Windows 2000 Server, IIS v5.0, Framework
    v1.1)
    No matter which language I choose only the fallback
    language that is
    compiled into the main assembly is displayed.
    However those parts coming from a database access contain
    the correct
    language. The information seems to be processed in some
    way.
    The aspnet_user has the correct rights on all folders and
    files.

    Thanks for any reply

    Niels
    Niels Behrensen, Nov 3, 2003