Gluing handwriting recognition (Windows Vista) and otherapplications via Ruby?

Axel Etzold

Dear all,

now a happy owner of a small handheld computer running Windows
Vista, which has a good handwriting recognition tool, I noticed
that I cannot use it in OpenOffice or Firefox or Abiword.

Do you know whether it is possible to somehow connect the output of
the handwriting tool (maybe via some pipe-based construction using Ruby)
to some other application ?
Another problem is how to make the handwriting tool appear in the
first place when an OpenOffice window is active.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Axel

James Tucker

Dear all,

now a happy owner of a small handheld computer running Windows
Vista, which has a good handwriting recognition tool, I noticed
that I cannot use it in OpenOffice or Firefox or Abiword.

Do you know whether it is possible to somehow connect the output of
the handwriting tool (maybe via some pipe-based construction using =20
Ruby)
to some other application ?
Another problem is how to make the handwriting tool appear in the
first place when an OpenOffice window is active.

You may want to speak to the java people regarding that, but...

Turn on "Advanced Text Services for All Applications" down in the =20
control panel under either region and language settings.

This can have some issues with the VS < 7 debugger under certain =20
conditions, other than that it's generally fine.