GLUT & QT Together

Adam Hartshorne

Hi All,

I have been given a 3D application written in c++ using OpenGL and
wrapped with GLUT. I need to add some controls for a set of variables
and thought the best way would be to create a nice GUI using QT. I know
QT can create a window that can display OpenGL based things, but if I
can help it I want to keep the application I have been given unchanged.

Therefore my question is, is it possible to create an application that
contains both QT and GLUT created and controlled windows? Anf if so how,
because both at the end of the main method pass control over to their
respective controllers.

Adam

Phlip

Adam said:
I have been given a 3D application written in c++ using OpenGL and
wrapped with GLUT. I need to add some controls for a set of variables
and thought the best way would be to create a nice GUI using QT. I know
QT can create a window that can display OpenGL based things, but if I
can help it I want to keep the application I have been given unchanged.

Therefore my question is, is it possible to create an application that
contains both QT and GLUT created and controlled windows? Anf if so how,
because both at the end of the main method pass control over to their
respective controllers.

You'l get a better answer on a Qt newsgroup.

(And note that wxWidgets can also host OpenGL, or so I gather from the
filenames I saw when I untarred it...)

Adam Hartshorne

Phlip said:
Adam Hartshorne wrote:

You'l get a better answer on a Qt newsgroup.

(And note that wxWidgets can also host OpenGL, or so I gather from the
filenames I saw when I untarred it...)
I only have limited access to newsgroups, and can't access that one!

Adam

Adam Hartshorne

Phlip said:
Adam Hartshorne wrote:

http://google.com and http://groups.google.com know all and see all.

I don't think there's a Qt newsgroup, and Trolltech's web site is hard to
use.

Switch to wxWidgets!
Yes I know about groups, but can't find an answer to me question, and I
want to use QT for a variety of reasons, so the original question still
stands,

Adam

Phlip

Adam said:
Yes I know about groups, but can't find an answer to me question, and I
want to use QT for a variety of reasons, so the original question still
stands,

This group is not qualified to answer arbitrary questions about all the
thousands of C++ libraries. Please try another group, such as a Trolltech
mailing list.

Adam Hartshorne

Phlip said:
Adam Hartshorne wrote:

This group is not qualified to answer arbitrary questions about all the
thousands of C++ libraries. Please try another group, such as a Trolltech
mailing list.
Ok Ok calm down! Firstly, how do you know that somebody doesn't know the
answer to my problem! and secondly if it bothers you so much just don't
answer the query, leave it! Its not like I am spamming the newsgroup
with random adverts etc, I am asking a question regarding programming
using c++ libraries, and it was the most relevant newsgroup I could get
access to.

Adam

Alvin Beach

Adam said:
Ok Ok calm down! Firstly, how do you know that somebody doesn't know the
answer to my problem! and secondly if it bothers you so much just don't
answer the query, leave it! Its not like I am spamming the newsgroup
with random adverts etc, I am asking a question regarding programming
using c++ libraries, and it was the most relevant newsgroup I could get
access to.

Adam

Adam, I think you have missed the point. Newsgroups are created for a
particular subject. This newsgroup is for asking questions and discussing
the C++ the language.

For your question, you'd probably get an answer from a more general
newsgroup, for example:

comp.os.linux.development.apps

Or try groups.google.ca and search all the newsgroups.

Alvin