glutInit and wxPython on Mac OSX

Artie

I seem to have uncovered a problem when using glutInit alongside
wxPython on Mac OSX. If glutInit is called prior to creating a
wx.App, many window and mouse events are either lost, not generated,
or misgenerated for the glcanvas. However, if glutInit is called
after the wx.App has been created then all is well.

Has anyone ran across this issue before? If so, why does this order
matter or affect the wx Event system?

--artie

Steve Holden

Artie said:
I seem to have uncovered a problem when using glutInit alongside
wxPython on Mac OSX. If glutInit is called prior to creating a
wx.App, many window and mouse events are either lost, not generated,
or misgenerated for the glcanvas. However, if glutInit is called
after the wx.App has been created then all is well.

Has anyone ran across this issue before? If so, why does this order
matter or affect the wx Event system?
As to the whys and wherefores I cannot say, but there are many functions
within the Wx package that require the application to be running before
they can be called, so I presume glutInit makes use of some of those.

Note that you can create a wx.App without creating windows visible on
the screen.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
Blog of Note: http://holdenweb.blogspot.com