Gmail invites

rf

Isofarro said:
I have a few GMail invites spare. If any of the regulars want one, drop me
an email. Yes, the email address in the headers is a valid one - no
alteration required at all.

I've seen these things mentioned.

Why would I need one?

rf

Isofarro said:
The GMail account - I'm expecting to find it useful when trying to keep
track of multiple (heavy-traffic) mailing lists. Most of my email is
already web-based now except for mailing lists, so 1Gb of storage space,
the ability to Google-search emails, and the labelling of emails for easier
tracking is useful in this regard.

Ah, then I don't need one. I only recieve a couple or three emails a day,
and that includes my business accounts :)

Isofarro

rf said:
I've seen these things mentioned.

Why would I need one?

The invite - its the only way at the moment of getting a Google GMail
account.

The GMail account - I'm expecting to find it useful when trying to keep
track of multiple (heavy-traffic) mailing lists. Most of my email is
already web-based now except for mailing lists, so 1Gb of storage space,
the ability to Google-search emails, and the labelling of emails for easier
tracking is useful in this regard.

Sam Hughes

Yes, the email address in the headers is a valid one
- no alteration required at all.

Good, because I would've sent an email to (e-mail address removed) if you
hadn't warned me ;-D

Speaking of which, what if a spamcollection bot automatically removed
'spam' and 'nospam' from email addresses? Then whoever had the address of
(e-mail address removed) would be getting spam because of you. Of course,
knowing the sophistication of spammers, I'd think that is unlikely.

Of course, thanks to this message, that email will be getting spam anyway.

Isofarro

Blinky said:
Scenario A: You currently don't receive enough advertising.

Scenario B: See Scenario A.

Heh! The text adverts aren't an eyesore - I can't actually remember seeing
one yet. Although for my purposes, anyone advertising about aspectj, atom,
and eclipse is kinda useful.