Gmail invites

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rf, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. rf

    rf Guest

    Isofarro wrote:

    > I have a few GMail invites spare. If any of the regulars want one, drop me
    > an email. Yes, the email address in the headers is a valid one - no
    > alteration required at all.

    I've seen these things mentioned.

    Why would I need one?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 5, 2004

  2. rf

    rf Guest

    Isofarro wrote:

    > The GMail account - I'm expecting to find it useful when trying to keep
    > track of multiple (heavy-traffic) mailing lists. Most of my email is
    > already web-based now except for mailing lists, so 1Gb of storage space,
    > the ability to Google-search emails, and the labelling of emails for

    easier
    > tracking is useful in this regard.

    Ah, then I don't need one. I only recieve a couple or three emails a day,
    and that includes my business accounts :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 5, 2004

  3. rf

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Sep 5, 2004
  4. rf

    Isofarro Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Isofarro wrote:
    >>
    >> I have a few GMail invites spare. If any of the regulars want one, drop
    >> me an email. Yes, the email address in the headers is a valid one - no
    >> alteration required at all.

    > I've seen these things mentioned.
    >
    > Why would I need one?

    The invite - its the only way at the moment of getting a Google GMail
    account.

    FAQ: http://www.html-faq.com/
    isolani: http://www.isolani.co.uk/blog/

    Isofarro, Sep 5, 2004
  5. rf

    Sam Hughes Guest

    Isofarro <> wrote in

    > Yes, the email address in the headers is a valid one
    > - no alteration required at all.

    Good, because I would've sent an email to if you
    hadn't warned me ;-D

    Speaking of which, what if a spamcollection bot automatically removed
    'spam' and 'nospam' from email addresses? Then whoever had the address of
    would be getting spam because of you. Of course,
    knowing the sophistication of spammers, I'd think that is unlikely.

    Of course, thanks to this message, that email will be getting spam anyway.

    Sam Hughes, Sep 5, 2004
  6. rf wrote:
    > Isofarro wrote:

    >> I have a few GMail invites spare. If any of the regulars want one, drop me
    >> an email. Yes, the email address in the headers is a valid one - no
    >> alteration required at all.

    > I've seen these things mentioned.

    > Why would I need one?

    Scenario A: You currently don't receive enough advertising.

    Scenario B: See Scenario A.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2004
  7. rf

    data64 Guest

    > The GMail account - I'm expecting to find it useful when trying to keep
    > track of multiple (heavy-traffic) mailing lists. Most of my email is
    > already web-based now except for mailing lists, so 1Gb of storage space,
    > the ability to Google-search emails, and the labelling of emails for easier
    > tracking is useful in this regard.

    Also, see this
    http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2004_06_26_index.html#108825308795611349

    datat64

    data64, Sep 6, 2004
  8. rf

    Isofarro Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > rf wrote:
    >> Isofarro wrote:

    >>> I have a few GMail invites spare. If any of the regulars want one, drop
    >>> me an email. Yes, the email address in the headers is a valid one - no
    >>> alteration required at all.

    >> I've seen these things mentioned.

    >> Why would I need one?

    > Scenario A: You currently don't receive enough advertising.
    >
    > Scenario B: See Scenario A.

    Heh! The text adverts aren't an eyesore - I can't actually remember seeing
    one yet. Although for my purposes, anyone advertising about aspectj, atom,
    and eclipse is kinda useful.

    Isofarro, Sep 6, 2004