gmake flags to set a 32 bit environment

Esash

Hi All,

I have a 64-bit machine in which I want to build a router image whose scripts are written compatible to 32-bit machine. I know there are options in gcc -m32 and -m64 to set the environment accordingly. But I have an option toset gmake flags. Can any of you please tell me which gmake flags would seta 32-bit environment ?

Thanks a lot, in advance.
Esash

Jorgen Grahn

Hi All,

I have a 64-bit machine in which I want to build a router image
whose scripts are written compatible to 32-bit machine. I know there
are options in gcc -m32 and -m64 to set the environment accordingly.
But I have an option to set gmake flags. Can any of you please tell me
which gmake flags would set a 32-bit environment ?

No, because this newsgroup is about the C programming language, not
the Gnu Make utility. And even if it was, we don't know how you're
Makefile is constructed.

One tip though: C compiler options are often passed in a make variable
called $(CFLAGS). Read the manual for more details.

/Jorgen

Esash

--

// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .

\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

Thanks a lot Jorgen. WIll try the $(CFLAGS).