    I have a 64-bit machine in which I want to build a router image whose scripts are written compatible to 32-bit machine. I know there are options in gcc -m32 and -m64 to set the environment accordingly. But I have an option toset gmake flags. Can any of you please tell me which gmake flags would seta 32-bit environment ?

    Thanks a lot, in advance.
    Esash

    Esash, Dec 5, 2012

  2. Esash

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Wed, 2012-12-05, Esash wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a 64-bit machine in which I want to build a router image
    > whose scripts are written compatible to 32-bit machine. I know there
    > are options in gcc -m32 and -m64 to set the environment accordingly.
    > But I have an option to set gmake flags. Can any of you please tell me
    > which gmake flags would set a 32-bit environment ?

    No, because this newsgroup is about the C programming language, not
    the Gnu Make utility. And even if it was, we don't know how you're
    Makefile is constructed.

    One tip though: C compiler options are often passed in a make variable
    called $(CFLAGS). Read the manual for more details.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

    Jorgen Grahn, Dec 5, 2012

  3. Esash

    Esash Guest

    On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:31:12 PM UTC+5:30, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
    > On Wed, 2012-12-05, Esash wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,

    > > I have a 64-bit machine in which I want to build a router image

    > > whose scripts are written compatible to 32-bit machine. I know there

    > > are options in gcc -m32 and -m64 to set the environment accordingly.

    > > But I have an option to set gmake flags. Can any of you please tell me

    > > which gmake flags would set a 32-bit environment ?

    > No, because this newsgroup is about the C programming language, not
    >
    > the Gnu Make utility. And even if it was, we don't know how you're
    >
    > Makefile is constructed.
    >

    > One tip though: C compiler options are often passed in a make variable
    >
    > called $(CFLAGS). Read the manual for more details.
    >

    > /Jorgen
    >

    > --
    >
    > // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    >
    > \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

    Thanks a lot Jorgen. WIll try the $(CFLAGS).

    Esash, Dec 5, 2012