gnarlodious--godaddy

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

gnarl,

Thanks for your reply. My anger at godaddy is not misplaced, I assure you.

I have domain names registered at a few different registrars. I have ALWAYS gotten a grace period.

I fully intend to make the world aware of my situation and what I feel
is nothing more than EXTORTION.

My rage is due to the fact that godaddy DID NOT offer a grace period to me--which is standard industry practice.

I have had domains expired at other registrars and was able to renew at regular price 30 days or more after expiration.

Godaddy would not let me renew at all.
The option to renew was in my account manager. But when I tried ot renew, it said it could not renew at this time.

They want 80 dollars to renew since it expired. It expired only a short time ago.

Even IF there was someone on the waiting list, that still DOES NOT justify the fact that they refused to allow
me to renew that domain name during what
SHOULD BE a grace period--which should be available to EVERYONE.
I should have a grace period. I should be allowed
to renew AT REGULAR PRICE.

Even if there was a waiting list, which customer is more important?
The one who has the name already or the one who wants it? Besides, it is not something most people would want. It is not a speculative name.

The grace period, which is standard industry practice, is there to allow owners
of domain names the opportunity to renew
if expiration slips their mind.

Godaddy did not offer ANY grace period of any kind. In fact, they stated to me
that they are under no obligation to offer
a grace period (which, as you know, is standard industry practice). Then they
said if I wanted it, I have to pay them 80 dollars.

That is why I am so mad. If it happened to me, it IT COULD HAPPEN TO OTHERS!

Had I known godaddy would do this, I would never have registered with them in the first place!

What is to stop them from charging 500 dollars instead of only 80 dollars?

NOTHING!

That is why I want you to be aware of this.

Because if you think GODADDY is looking out for your best interest, YOU ARE WRONG!

They have you between a rock and a hard place and are exploiting that to ram you in the ass!

That is why I am suggesting PEOPLE
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GODADDY. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS
ELSEWHERE!

There are registrars who are price competitive AND WILL OFFER YOU A GRACE PERIOD
and not price gouge you should you be a few days late!!!

80 dollars to renew a name a few days past expiration is BULLSHIT. In my book, it iS
EXTORTION.

Nowhere on the godaddy website does it say
you have to pay 80 dollars if your domain
expires!!!

BE WARNED. What if you have 5 IMPORTANT domains that expire? Do you want to pay 400 dollars?

HELL NO! AVOID GODADDY LIKE THE PLAGUE!

DO NOT REGISTER DOMAIN NAMES WITH GODADDY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

This is NOT a joke. You watch. Others will complain of this too, because if
godaddy did this to me, they can
do it to you.

SpaceGirl

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer said:
[...]

Considering you posting address changes every message, and you are posting
via an anon remailer (which is against the rules of most providers), why
should anyone listen to a word you have to say? If you really do have a
grievance with these people, stop hiding behind a mask, and stop changing
your bloody mask!

HacKnight

[...]

obviously you have given up all hope of *not* having to pay the 80
dollars...because this rant should be directed at godaddy, not at people who
are just going to tell you you're wrong. clearly you're involved in a
situation that somehow requires a payment of $80. since no one else knows
the specifics, or even the domain you're renewing, it's hard for us to judge
whether what godaddy is doing is "fair" or not.

given the situation, if i were the domain registrar, even i would find it
rather ridiculous to charge people $80 for a domain renewal within the
retention period. this would piss customers off, as we can clearly see, and
not many would stay with godaddy. you can transfer your domain at any time,
seeing as how *you* are the owner, not godaddy.

like i said, we can't tell what the exact situation is here, but i'm
positive you don't have to pay the $80 unless you want to stay with godaddy.
(unless there's some disclaimer in their TOS that can force you to pay if
you break some rule or do something wrong...) you should be able to transfer
the domain and in doing this, you will only be paying the new registrar. if
you want a good one, check out 1and1 (www.1and1.com)... $6 for a year, no
setup fees or anything like that.

-HacKnight

Gnarlodious

I will tell you that you are sounding like a troll. Plenty of people here
have excellent experiences about Godaddy and you're not listening.

It's very likely someone else has already bought your domain name since it

***IS EXPIRED!!!!***

If someone has not already bought it Godaddy may have a standing bid for
$80, which explains why it's still available for that price.

In any case you won't tell us what the domain is and like SpaceGirl said you
are hiding behind a remailer, so you're probably a troll.

-- Gnarlie
http://www.PowerMops.com/
PowerMops: Forth Programming Language for Macintosh

Entity Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer spoke thus:

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

HacKnight said:
like i said, we can't tell what the exact situation is here, but i'm
positive you don't have to pay the $80 unless you want to stay with godaddy.
(unless there's some disclaimer in their TOS that can force you to pay if
you break some rule or do something wrong...) you should be able to transfer
the domain and in doing this, you will only be paying the new registrar. if
you want a good one, check out 1and1 (www.1and1.com)... $6 for a year, no
setup fees or anything like that.

-HacKnight

Generally, you can't transfer an expired domain. However, I would like to
know the domain name in question, so that we can see if the OP is as full of
it as most here tend to think. Ripping on a company via an anonymous mailer
greatly diminishes your credibility.

--Tina

saz1958

gnarl,

Thanks for your reply. My anger at godaddy is not misplaced, I assure you.

I have domain names registered at a few different registrars. I have ALWAYS gotten a grace period.

I fully intend to make the world aware of my situation and what I feel
is nothing more than EXTORTION.

My rage is due to the fact that godaddy DID NOT offer a grace period to me--which is standard industry practice.

And who's fault is it for allowing it to expire? Your anger is
misguided.