gnarlodious--godaddy

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer, May 26, 2004.

  1. gnarl,

    Thanks for your reply. My anger at godaddy is not misplaced, I assure you.

    I have domain names registered at a few different registrars. I have ALWAYS gotten a grace period.

    I fully intend to make the world aware of my situation and what I feel
    is nothing more than EXTORTION.

    My rage is due to the fact that godaddy DID NOT offer a grace period to me--which is standard industry practice.

    I have had domains expired at other registrars and was able to renew at regular price 30 days or more after expiration.

    Godaddy would not let me renew at all.
    The option to renew was in my account manager. But when I tried ot renew, it said it could not renew at this time.

    They want 80 dollars to renew since it expired. It expired only a short time ago.

    Even IF there was someone on the waiting list, that still DOES NOT justify the fact that they refused to allow
    me to renew that domain name during what
    SHOULD BE a grace period--which should be available to EVERYONE.
    I should have a grace period. I should be allowed
    to renew AT REGULAR PRICE.

    Even if there was a waiting list, which customer is more important?
    The one who has the name already or the one who wants it? Besides, it is not something most people would want. It is not a speculative name.

    The grace period, which is standard industry practice, is there to allow owners
    of domain names the opportunity to renew
    if expiration slips their mind.

    Godaddy did not offer ANY grace period of any kind. In fact, they stated to me
    that they are under no obligation to offer
    a grace period (which, as you know, is standard industry practice). Then they
    said if I wanted it, I have to pay them 80 dollars.

    That is why I am so mad. If it happened to me, it IT COULD HAPPEN TO OTHERS!

    Had I known godaddy would do this, I would never have registered with them in the first place!

    What is to stop them from charging 500 dollars instead of only 80 dollars?

    NOTHING!

    That is why I want you to be aware of this.

    Because if you think GODADDY is looking out for your best interest, YOU ARE WRONG!

    They have you between a rock and a hard place and are exploiting that to ram you in the ass!

    That is why I am suggesting PEOPLE
    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GODADDY. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS
    ELSEWHERE!

    There are registrars who are price competitive AND WILL OFFER YOU A GRACE PERIOD
    and not price gouge you should you be a few days late!!!

    80 dollars to renew a name a few days past expiration is BULLSHIT. In my book, it iS
    EXTORTION.

    Nowhere on the godaddy website does it say
    you have to pay 80 dollars if your domain
    expires!!!

    BE WARNED. What if you have 5 IMPORTANT domains that expire? Do you want to pay 400 dollars?

    HELL NO! AVOID GODADDY LIKE THE PLAGUE!

    DO NOT REGISTER DOMAIN NAMES WITH GODADDY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

    This is NOT a joke. You watch. Others will complain of this too, because if
    godaddy did this to me, they can
    do it to you.

    Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer, May 26, 2004

  2. Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer" <> wrote
    in message news:...
> [...]

    > That is why I am suggesting PEOPLE
    > DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GODADDY. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS
    > ELSEWHERE!
    >
    > There are registrars who are price competitive AND WILL OFFER YOU A GRACE

    PERIOD
    > and not price gouge you should you be a few days late!!!
    >
    > 80 dollars to renew a name a few days past expiration is BULLSHIT. In my

    book, it iS
    > EXTORTION.
    >
    > Nowhere on the godaddy website does it say
    > you have to pay 80 dollars if your domain
    > expires!!!
    >
    > BE WARNED. What if you have 5 IMPORTANT domains that expire? Do you want

    to pay 400 dollars?

    > HELL NO! AVOID GODADDY LIKE THE PLAGUE!
    >
    > DO NOT REGISTER DOMAIN NAMES WITH GODADDY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!
    >
    > This is NOT a joke. You watch. Others will complain of this too, because

    Considering you posting address changes every message, and you are posting
    via an anon remailer (which is against the rules of most providers), why
    should anyone listen to a word you have to say? If you really do have a
    grievance with these people, stop hiding behind a mask, and stop changing
    your bloody mask!

    SpaceGirl, May 26, 2004

  3. Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

    HacKnight Guest

> [...]

    > That is why I am suggesting PEOPLE
    > DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GODADDY. TAKE YOUR BUSINESS
    > ELSEWHERE!
    >
    > There are registrars who are price competitive AND WILL OFFER YOU A GRACE

    PERIOD
    > and not price gouge you should you be a few days late!!!
    >
    > 80 dollars to renew a name a few days past expiration is BULLSHIT. In my

    book, it iS
    > EXTORTION.
    >
    > Nowhere on the godaddy website does it say
    > you have to pay 80 dollars if your domain
    > expires!!!
    >
    > BE WARNED. What if you have 5 IMPORTANT domains that expire? Do you want

    to pay 400 dollars?

    > HELL NO! AVOID GODADDY LIKE THE PLAGUE!
    >
    > DO NOT REGISTER DOMAIN NAMES WITH GODADDY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!
    >
    > This is NOT a joke. You watch. Others will complain of this too, because

    obviously you have given up all hope of *not* having to pay the 80
    dollars...because this rant should be directed at godaddy, not at people who
    are just going to tell you you're wrong. clearly you're involved in a
    situation that somehow requires a payment of $80. since no one else knows
    the specifics, or even the domain you're renewing, it's hard for us to judge
    whether what godaddy is doing is "fair" or not.

    given the situation, if i were the domain registrar, even i would find it
    rather ridiculous to charge people $80 for a domain renewal within the
    retention period. this would piss customers off, as we can clearly see, and
    not many would stay with godaddy. you can transfer your domain at any time,
    seeing as how *you* are the owner, not godaddy.

    like i said, we can't tell what the exact situation is here, but i'm
    positive you don't have to pay the $80 unless you want to stay with godaddy.
    (unless there's some disclaimer in their TOS that can force you to pay if
    you break some rule or do something wrong...) you should be able to transfer
    the domain and in doing this, you will only be paying the new registrar. if
    you want a good one, check out 1and1 (www.1and1.com)... $6 for a year, no
    setup fees or anything like that.

    -HacKnight

    HacKnight, May 26, 2004
  4. Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

    Gnarlodious Guest

    I will tell you that you are sounding like a troll. Plenty of people here
    have excellent experiences about Godaddy and you're not listening.

    It's very likely someone else has already bought your domain name since it

    ***IS EXPIRED!!!!***

    If someone has not already bought it Godaddy may have a standing bid for
    $80, which explains why it's still available for that price.

    In any case you won't tell us what the domain is and like SpaceGirl said you
    are hiding behind a remailer, so you're probably a troll.

    -- Gnarlie
    http://www.PowerMops.com/
    PowerMops: Forth Programming Language for Macintosh

    Entity Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer spoke thus:

    Gnarlodious, May 26, 2004
  5. "HacKnight" <> wrote in message

    > like i said, we can't tell what the exact situation is here, but i'm
    > positive you don't have to pay the $80 unless you want to stay with

    godaddy.
    > (unless there's some disclaimer in their TOS that can force you to pay if
    > you break some rule or do something wrong...) you should be able to

    transfer
    > the domain and in doing this, you will only be paying the new registrar.

    if
    > you want a good one, check out 1and1 (www.1and1.com)... $6 for a year, no
    > setup fees or anything like that.
    >
    > -HacKnight

    Generally, you can't transfer an expired domain. However, I would like to
    know the domain name in question, so that we can see if the OP is as full of
    it as most here tend to think. Ripping on a company via an anonymous mailer
    greatly diminishes your credibility.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - since 1997
    Fully Managed, Dedicated and Colo Server Pkgs.

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., May 26, 2004
  6. Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

    saz1958 Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > gnarl,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply. My anger at godaddy is not misplaced, I assure you.
    >
    > I have domain names registered at a few different registrars. I have ALWAYS gotten a grace period.
    >
    > I fully intend to make the world aware of my situation and what I feel
    > is nothing more than EXTORTION.
    >
    > My rage is due to the fact that godaddy DID NOT offer a grace period to me--which is standard industry practice.

    And who's fault is it for allowing it to expire? Your anger is
    misguided.

    saz1958, May 26, 2004