    have a different result than another machine would have ..

    Thanks !

    Jack

    Jack, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Jack

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 9 Dec 2003 21:42:43 -0800, (Jack) wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > Quick question, does anyone know what the limitations are, besides
    > memory for GMP, and also, if I write software that uses this library,
    > is it true that it may run differently on different hardware classes
    > of machines ? In other words, the same calculation on 1 machine would
    > have a different result than another machine would have ..
    >
    > Thanks !
    >
    > Jack

    Just as off-topic in comp.lang.c++ as it is in comp.lang.c.

    Also, good usenet manners indicates that if you are going to post the
    same question to multiple groups that you cross-post it, instead of
    making multiple individual posts.

    Of source that is after you have exercised good usenet manners by
    finding out whether your question is topical or not.

    Start by reading news:news.announce.newusers.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Dec 10, 2003

  3. On 9 Dec 2003 21:42:43 -0800, (Jack) wrote:

    >Quick question, does anyone know what the limitations are, besides
    >memory for GMP,

    Google (or your favorite search engine) is your friend.

    Top of the list: <url: http://www.swox.com/gmp/>

    It mentions the LGPL license as well as bugs on various platforms.

    > and also, if I write software that uses this library,
    >is it true that it may run differently on different hardware classes
    >of machines ? In other words, the same calculation on 1 machine would
    >have a different result than another machine would have ..

    That could possibly happen for floating-point arithmetic. I don't know.
    The easiest way to check that is probably to check that.

    Alf P. Steinbach, Dec 10, 2003