GNU make & make.pl are dead: long live Perl makepp

Daniel Pfeiffer

Hi,

I have so far not seen the advantage of my 100% Perl syntax - at least not until Emacs learns to syntax highlight the specific parts. Since my project <http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/make.pl/> was progressing very slowly, I took a new look at its closest competitor, makepp. It is so much superior toGNU make, that I am putting up with make's strange syntax.

Despite being written in Perl, until now it offered little access to Perl. That has now changed with this patch <http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/make.pl/perl.patch> and corresponding test <http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/make.pl/perl.test> I contributed to version 1.20. With that make.pl is dead, and I will also contibute my builtin commands to makepp.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

-- GPL 3: take the wind out of Palladium's sails! --