GNU MP (gmp) implementation documentation

heinzSchmolke

Hello,

i'm looking for a detailed documentation, how the floating-point type
mpf_t is implemented. The documentation on the gmp-website just gives
information about how to work with the library. Of course I could
analyze the source code, but I'm not very good in C, so it would take
to much time.
Perhaps someone can advise me a good newsgroup where to ask for such
things.

Also i'm interested in some good papers about floating-point datatypes
working with 'contiguous mantissa'.

Thanx a lot.
Greets, Heinz

Grumble