  1. Im learning C++ and Id like to find GNU C++ source code for programs
    that run on windows to study and play with. Can anyone tell me where I
    can find this?
    Arquebus257WeaMag, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Arquebus257WeaMag

    Ahn Ki-yung Guest

    http://www.cygwin.com/

    Arquebus257WeaMag wrote:
    > Im learning C++ and Id like to find GNU C++ source code for programs
    > that run on windows to study and play with. Can anyone tell me where I
    > can find this?

    Visit there and install cygwin packages with the source.
    Ahn Ki-yung, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Arquebus257WeaMag

    Marijn Guest

    (Arquebus257WeaMag) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Im learning C++ and Id like to find GNU C++ source code for programs
    > that run on windows to study and play with. Can anyone tell me where I
    > can find this?

    If by GNO C++ you mean C++ code that is compatible with the g++
    compiler, this should not be a problem. Pretty much any decent,
    standard-adhering C++ code can be compiled with g++. For this kind of
    stuff use Google.com, just a search on '"c++" windows programming'
    came up with tons of results. Here's a good one:

    http://www.relisoft.com/Win32/index.htm

    Good luck with learning this stuff. The windows API will probably look
    like a jungle af the beginning, and it is, but you'll get used to it
    pretty fast.

    Marijn Haverbeke
    Marijn, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Arquebus257WeaMag

    Marijn Guest

    (Arquebus257WeaMag) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Thanks Marijin. Im not concerned about code being specifac to a
    > certain compilor, just code that will run on windows.

    At http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=214 you
    will find a list of over 700 open source projects running under
    windows, may of them done in C++. There's quite some rubble in that
    list, but also quite good software. If such programs are still over
    your head start going through tutorials on the subjects you do not
    understand. I do not know how new you are to C++ but multiple-file
    sources and the use of various libraries, or even the syntax of C++
    itself, might cause confusion.

    > To be honest, I
    > cant even figure out how to install the g++ compiler. Ive installed
    > the Dev C++ 4 IDE which I believe use the g++ compilor.

    I can't help you with that, i've never installed Dev-C++. Can't be too
    hard though, i guess it comes with some kind of readme file.

    Marijn
    Marijn, Jul 29, 2003