gnu souce code

Arquebus257WeaMag

Im learning C++ and Id like to find GNU C++ source code for programs
that run on windows to study and play with. Can anyone tell me where I
can find this?

Ahn Ki-yung

Arquebus257WeaMag said:
Im learning C++ and Id like to find GNU C++ source code for programs
that run on windows to study and play with. Can anyone tell me where I
can find this?

Visit there and install cygwin packages with the source.

Marijn

Im learning C++ and Id like to find GNU C++ source code for programs
that run on windows to study and play with. Can anyone tell me where I
can find this?

If by GNO C++ you mean C++ code that is compatible with the g++
compiler, this should not be a problem. Pretty much any decent,
standard-adhering C++ code can be compiled with g++. For this kind of
stuff use Google.com, just a search on '"c++" windows programming'
came up with tons of results. Here's a good one:

http://www.relisoft.com/Win32/index.htm

Good luck with learning this stuff. The windows API will probably look
like a jungle af the beginning, and it is, but you'll get used to it
pretty fast.

Marijn Haverbeke

Marijn

Thanks Marijin. Im not concerned about code being specifac to a
certain compilor, just code that will run on windows.

At http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=214 you
will find a list of over 700 open source projects running under
windows, may of them done in C++. There's quite some rubble in that
list, but also quite good software. If such programs are still over
your head start going through tutorials on the subjects you do not
understand. I do not know how new you are to C++ but multiple-file
sources and the use of various libraries, or even the syntax of C++
itself, might cause confusion.
To be honest, I
cant even figure out how to install the g++ compiler. Ive installed
the Dev C++ 4 IDE which I believe use the g++ compilor.

I can't help you with that, i've never installed Dev-C++. Can't be too
hard though, i guess it comes with some kind of readme file.

Marijn