GO AHEAD -MAKE ME LOOK DUMB- Please

Aubrey Hutchison

I have exhausted places to look for where "PYTHONPATH" is located..

In windows (using the DOS command) no such thing exist but path does.
I find no file with that name.
I have yet to find a config file that I would think might work as
PYTHONPATH.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Aubrey

engsolnom

I have exhausted places to look for where "PYTHONPATH" is located..

In windows (using the DOS command) no such thing exist but path does.
I find no file with that name.
I have yet to find a config file that I would think might work as
PYTHONPATH.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Aubrey

Try:
START\SETTINGS\CONTROL PANEL\SYSTEM
then select Advanced
then select Environmental Variables
then click on "new" and make your PYTHONPATH

Don't feel badly..took me awhile too...:)
Norm

Cousin Stanley

Under Win98 pythonpath is used as an environment variable
and its string value can be displayed from a DOS command prompt
using the echo command ....

echo %pythonpath%
K:\Python\Lib\site-packages\fixedpoint;G:\dislin\python;K:\Python\py_Work\GUI\Tk
\Grayson\Examples;K:\Python\py_Work\GUI\Tk\Grayson\Examples\Common

From the Python interpreter, pythonpath can be checked
using the os.environ method ....
import os

list_pp = os.environ[ 'pythonpath' ].split( ';' )

for this_path in list_pp :
.... print this_path
K:\Python\Lib\site-packages\fixedpoint
G:\dislin\python
K:\Python\py_Work\GUI\Tk\Grayson\Examples
K:\Python\py_Work\GUI\Tk\Grayson\Examples\Common

Gary D. Duzan

I have exhausted places to look for where "PYTHONPATH" is located..

In windows (using the DOS command) no such thing exist but path does.
I find no file with that name.
I have yet to find a config file that I would think might work as
PYTHONPATH.

What am I missing?

Run regedit.exe .
Look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\[version]\PythonPath .
Be enlightened. :)

Gary Duzan
BBN Technologies
A Verizon Company