GoDaddy closes case.

RepAlciere

Subj: RE: Customer Warning - WEB-HOSTING-AND-DOMAIN-REGISTRAR-DIRECTORY.COM
Date: 30-Dec-03 12:47:08 Greenwich Standard Time
From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed)
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Mr. Alciere,

Thank you for your reply.

Your explanation of the situation coupled with the fact that the complaint
volume is, at this time, not enough to cause a major concern is satisfactory.
We will consider this matter closed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

GoDaddy.com

Spam and Abuse Department

Richard

RepAlciere said:
Subj: RE: Customer Warning -
WEB-HOSTING-AND-DOMAIN-REGISTRAR-DIRECTORY.COM Date: 30-Dec-03 12:47:08
Greenwich Standard Time From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed)
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Good to see the "spam busters" getting busted for once.
Quite frankly, you'd do yourself a world of good by dumping godaddy all
together.
They tossed me because even though my host allowed "adult" material, godaddy
did not.
godaddy feels they own and control content.

Spam in usenet is not a simple, single "advertisement" or solicitation for
input.
Because it offends you, it is not spam.
Using the mentality definitions around here, any post could be considered
spam.

RepAlciere

They tossed me because even though my host allowed "adult" material, godaddy
did not.
godaddy feels they own and control content.

This is not acceptable for .COM registrars. The ccTLD for Kiribati is .ki and
they only allow sites that are suitable for Kids. That's their sovereign right.

BTW, I definitely don't consider it spam when I email web hosting and domain
registrars to ask the what is the URL of their banner as hosted on their
server. Few replied anyway.

Tom

Richard

This is not acceptable for .COM registrars. The ccTLD for Kiribati is .ki
and they only allow sites that are suitable for Kids. That's their
sovereign right.

BTW, I definitely don't consider it spam when I email web hosting and
domain registrars to ask the what is the URL of their banner as hosted on
their server. Few replied anyway.

I did not consider it spam either.
But when doing stuff like that, you should always contact the webmaster of
the site before doing it.
If you link directly to their site, even just for the banner, your visitors
wind up using up their bandwidth and they want to know why.
Guess who gets the bill later?
Just steal the banner, then place it in your own collection and link from
there.

Matthew Superstar Swass

They tossed me because even though my host allowed "adult" material, godaddy

Did GoDaddy confiscate the domain altogether, or were you able to transfer it
elsewhere?