    Subj: RE: Customer Warning - WEB-HOSTING-AND-DOMAIN-REGISTRAR-DIRECTORY.COM
    Date: 30-Dec-03 12:47:08 Greenwich Standard Time
    To:
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

    Dear Mr. Alciere,

    Thank you for your reply.

    Your explanation of the situation coupled with the fact that the complaint
    volume is, at this time, not enough to cause a major concern is satisfactory.
    We will consider this matter closed.

    Thank you for your cooperation.

    GoDaddy.com

    Spam and Abuse Department

    RepAlciere, Dec 30, 2003

  2. RepAlciere

    Richard Guest

    RepAlciere wrote:

    > Subj: RE: Customer Warning -
    > WEB-HOSTING-AND-DOMAIN-REGISTRAR-DIRECTORY.COM Date: 30-Dec-03 12:47:08
    > Greenwich Standard Time From:
    > To:
    > Sent from the Internet (Details)

    Good to see the "spam busters" getting busted for once.
    Quite frankly, you'd do yourself a world of good by dumping godaddy all
    together.
    They tossed me because even though my host allowed "adult" material, godaddy
    did not.
    godaddy feels they own and control content.

    Spam in usenet is not a simple, single "advertisement" or solicitation for
    input.
    Because it offends you, it is not spam.
    Using the mentality definitions around here, any post could be considered
    spam.

    Richard, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Hywel Jenkins, Dec 30, 2003
  4. RepAlciere

    RepAlciere Guest

    >They tossed me because even though my host allowed "adult" material, godaddy
    >did not.
    >godaddy feels they own and control content.

    This is not acceptable for .COM registrars. The ccTLD for Kiribati is .ki and
    they only allow sites that are suitable for Kids. That's their sovereign right.

    BTW, I definitely don't consider it spam when I email web hosting and domain
    registrars to ask the what is the URL of their banner as hosted on their
    server. Few replied anyway.

    Tom

    RepAlciere, Dec 30, 2003
  5. RepAlciere

    Richard Guest

    RepAlciere wrote:

    >>They tossed me because even though my host allowed "adult" material,
    >>godaddy did not. godaddy feels they own and control content.

    > This is not acceptable for .COM registrars. The ccTLD for Kiribati is .ki
    > and they only allow sites that are suitable for Kids. That's their
    > sovereign right.

    > BTW, I definitely don't consider it spam when I email web hosting and
    > domain registrars to ask the what is the URL of their banner as hosted on
    > their server. Few replied anyway.

    > Tom

    I did not consider it spam either.
    But when doing stuff like that, you should always contact the webmaster of
    the site before doing it.
    If you link directly to their site, even just for the banner, your visitors
    wind up using up their bandwidth and they want to know why.
    Guess who gets the bill later?
    Just steal the banner, then place it in your own collection and link from
    there.

    Richard, Dec 30, 2003
  6. >They tossed me because even though my host allowed "adult" material, godaddy
    >did not.

    Did GoDaddy confiscate the domain altogether, or were you able to transfer it
    elsewhere?

    Matthew Superstar Swass, Dec 31, 2003