Going nuts - Configuration Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Johnny Emde, Sep 24, 2005.

  1. Johnny Emde

    Johnny Emde Guest

    Hello Newsgroup

    I'm about going nuts!!!
    Sometime when I coding a asp.net (using C#) I'll get this wierd error.

    Configuration Error

    Source Error:

    Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 199: </assemblies>
    Line 200: </compilation

    At first i thurd that it was because i was using a 3rd party component - but
    in this case i don't have
    any controls - only my own WebUserControl holding some HtmlTables.
    And a Reference to a DLL to handle my dataaccess - also created my myself.
    If I understand this error correctly is says that the Emdesoft.Database.dll
    is√łnt in the bin folder - but it is there...wird..

    I'll post the rest:
    Source File:
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
    198

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'Emdesoft.Database' could not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Emdesoft.Database
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Emdesoft.Gorm
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Emdesoft.Database
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/emdesoft.gorm/94473a06/11ed6747/Emdesoft.Database.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/emdesoft.gorm/94473a06/11ed6747/Emdesoft.Database/Emdesoft.Database.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Emdesoft.Gorm/bin/Emdesoft.Database.DLL.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Emdesoft.Database, Version=1.0.2093.31032,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2300

    Hope that someone could help me...

    Kind regards
    Johnny Jensen

    Johnny Emde, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Johnny Emde

    Alan Samet Guest

    I believe this may be related to the IIS indexing service. You can turn
    this off in the Internet Information Services management console.

    -Alan

    Alan Samet, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Johnny Emde

    Johnny Emde Guest

    Hello Alan

    Thangs for that reply - and i worked upto right now.

    I've turnded off indexing in the IIS. But know the error returns...

    It says:
    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Emdesoft.MailBuilder'.

    Source Error:

    Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 199: </assemblies>
    Line 200: </compilation>

    Source File:
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
    198

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'Emdesoft.MailBuilder' could not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Emdesoft.MailBuilder
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Emdesoft.Gorm
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Emdesoft.MailBuilder
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/emdesoft.gorm/94473a06/11ed6747/Emdesoft.MailBuilder.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/emdesoft.gorm/94473a06/11ed6747/Emdesoft.MailBuilder/Emdesoft.MailBuilder.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Emdesoft.Gorm/bin/Emdesoft.MailBuilder.DLL.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Emdesoft.MailBuilder, Version=1.0.2098.18190,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2300

    Could it have something todo vith a policy file?

    -Johnny

    Johnny Emde, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Johnny Emde

    Alan Samet Guest

    This is interesting. I remember running into a similar issue back when
    I used to use Visual Studio.NET. I would do a build, then switch over
    to my page and refresh. If I did it too quickly, I would receive that
    same error. I believe that it has something to do with file system
    locks. There are tools available from http://www.sysinternals.com/
    (filemon I believe it's called) that you can use to monitor exactly
    what's being denied access to, and when. Using that tool you may be
    able to understand more about what's happening when this issue arises.

    -Alan

    Alan Samet, Sep 29, 2005
  5. Johnny Emde

    Johnny Emde Guest