good algorthm

chellappa

Hi EveryBody!
I want program or algorthm,that is very fastest ,accurate and
optimized for finding single in given string ..i was develop one
alogrthm , that was not so much fast.....
so if u anybody can do or have it ,please give me reply
by
(C)hellappa

Erik de Castro Lopo

chellappa said:
Hi EveryBody!
I want program or algorthm,that is very fastest ,accurate and
optimized for finding single in given string ..i was develop one
alogrthm , that was not so much fast.....
so if u anybody can do or have it ,please give me reply

Chellappa, this is not IRC. Repeatedly posting the same message again
and again is considered rather rude.

Be patient and someone will answer your message.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo (e-mail address removed) (Yes it's valid)
Being really good at C++ is like being really good at using rocks to
sharpen sticks." -- Thant Tessman

Netocrat

Chellappa, this is not IRC. Repeatedly posting the same message again and
again is considered rather rude.

Be patient and someone will answer your message.

Erik

This guy is plainly a troll and has been fed plenty already. Read through
his past posts - playing everyone for a fool with his impression of the
inept but eager foreigner... the overblown punctuation errors for a start
- who actually writes like that unless they're putting on an act?
Ignoring suggestions on how to properly post. Repetitively posting. Oh
look, those c.l.c. types are pretty strict, let's innocently break all the
rules and frustrate their attempts to correct us.

And now 6 posts in a row from "chellappa", "newlang" (both same source
IP) and "Priya Mishram". All using Google.

Picture the troll as he signs off his post with an
I'm-just-a-well-meaning-friendly-newbie nickname. Yeah, "chells", your
baiting was pretty sophisticated but this isn't c.o.l.a. and the fish stop
biting when they suss you.

We can be excused for treating his first few posts as plausible, but
there's a limit...

Enough.

Chris McDonald

chellappa said:
Hi EveryBody!
I want program or algorthm,that is very fastest ,accurate and
optimized for finding single in given string ..i was develop one
alogrthm , that was not so much fast.....
so if u anybody can do or have it ,please give me reply

The webpage http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lecroq/string/
should maintain your interest for quite some time.

I suggest that you discuss any results in the newsgroup comp.programming,
as string matching is not specific to the C programming language.

Chris McDonald

Netocrat said:
This guy is plainly a troll and has been fed plenty already. Read through
his past posts - playing everyone for a fool with his impression of the
inept but eager foreigner... the overblown punctuation errors for a start
- who actually writes like that unless they're putting on an act?

Many of my English-is-a-second-language graduate students initially write
like that. Perhaps you haven't experienced their writing before.

Seven Kast USA

Try to answer it , if u know , otherwise dont reply anything
DONT UNKNOWN TAKES

Netocrat

Many of my English-is-a-second-language graduate students initially write
like that. Perhaps you haven't experienced their writing before.

Chris, please. Don't be naive. This guy's playing us. Let me repeat:
6 posts in a row from "chellappa", "newlang" (both same source IP)
and "Priya Mishram". All using Google.

The same source IP and subject matter for two of them but a different
author - I mean the guy's not even trying to hide the fact that he's a
troll. How much more obvious can it get?

Have you not noticed all of the recent google postings, all with
tell-tale signs? Poor grammar/spelling, simple syntax errors or semantic
problems that are either explained in the faq or shouldn't require a
newsgroup for help, way off-topic ("How to set a ms access password?") or
just slightly and provocatively off-topic e.g. deliberately including bits
of c++ code, responses lacking quoted context even when repeatedly
instructed on how to do so, sometimes childishly insulting ("I think you
are a good watchman Look for a job of watchman." - sandeep), etc.

Unfortunately many have taken the bait. I'm sorry to say Mr Falconer that
your insistence on instructing the troll to quote context and/or read
the faq before posting only provides it with further motivation to
continue doing exactly the opposite. Granted, you're not always
responding to a troll, but I suspect that in the vast majority of cases
you are.

All I'm saying is, let's wise up. Some are already wise - eg. Kenny
McCormack knew what was what with "Mr. Travis" and his "LFS for Windows
apps".

Here are a few of the more questionable posts. I suspect that the vast
majority are all from the same individual, seeking and quite successfully
gaining responses. For those that care not to feed this creature(s), I
suggest you familiarise yourself with the signs and in particular be very
wary of anything posted through google. All of the below were sent
through google apart from the two that I note. This is by no means an
exhaustive list.

"Shwetabh" <[email protected]> Singly link list
"MJ" <[email protected]> what is regular expression
"MJ" <[email protected]> EOF in C
"MJ" <[email protected]> what is regular expression
(e-mail address removed) some very simple increment/decremant operator question
(e-mail address removed) again some incr/decrement question
(e-mail address removed) Need some explanation
"Meisam Ganjeali" <[email protected]> multilist data stracture sample
code

(The above was posted 19 seconds after a chellapa post)

(e-mail address removed) How to set a ms access password?
(e-mail address removed) evaluate this

(Note the similarity of this post to the questions posed by "rahul8143" in
his increment/decrement posts above)

"Daniel Antonson" <[email protected]> Code Effect
"Martin Johansen" <[email protected]> Multiline strings

(neither of the above two posts were through google but they have
identical MSOutlook configurations)]

"SunRise" <[email protected]> C Program [ Turbo-C ] ,
to extract only-Printable-characters from a file ( any type of file) and
display them
( i.e equivalent to "strings" command in UNIX)
(e-mail address removed) Inverse Functions in Math
(e-mail address removed) == operator on struct
"MJ" <[email protected]> Linked list in C
"frankhall36" <[email protected]> How To Make Your Own Variable Type?
"sandeep" <[email protected]> Floatin point issues

here's a exmple,,, of th stlye:
Hi
I m using getchar() fun. I want to give the EOF from the console and
then check it inside the prog wether its a EOF or not how can I check it
.... what input shall i give
Mayur

getchar() fun? Come on, if that's not crying out "I'm a happy little
troll playing in your newsgroup" then I don't know what is.

Erik de Castro Lopo

Seven said:
Try to answer it , if u know , otherwise dont reply anything
DONT UNKNOWN TAKES

Yep, Netocrat is right. You are a troll

Here's the original post from "chellappa"

From: "chellappa" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: good algorthm
Date: 13 Jul 2005 00:35:02 -0700

and now Seven Kast USA:

From: "Seven Kast USA" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: good algorthm
Date: 13 Jul 2005 02:55:30 -0700

Same IP address. IP address belonging to:

inetnum: 61.246.61.0 - 61.246.61.255
netname: BHARTI-IN
descr: Bharti Infotel Ltd
descr: Access Business Group
descr: DSL Services , Karnataka Telecom Circule
descr: Touchtel House,
descr: No.1106/10 & 1106/11
descr: Garvebhavipalya
descr: 7th Mile, Hosur Road
descr: Bangalore
descr: PIN:560068
descr: India

Hey bozo. **** off!!!!!

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo (e-mail address removed) (Yes it's valid)
"To me C++ seems to be a language that has sacrificed orthogonality
and elegance for random expediency." -- Meilir Page-Jones

Denis Kasak

Chris McDonald said:
Many of my English-is-a-second-language graduate students initially write
like that. Perhaps you haven't experienced their writing before.

I've seen quite a lot of bad English and some of it was even comparable to
this, but the numerous redundant whitespaces in his posts can only
rationally be explained by either severe mental retardation or trolling.

Ed Prochak

finding a single WHAT in a string? Is this homework? If so, check in
your text book and any other references your instructor gave you. If it
is real work, then what are the requirements?

If you are looking for an algorithm, then maybe comp.lang.c is not the
place. we discuss C programming here, not fundamental algorithms.
consider asking in comp.programming.

HTH,
Ed