good asp.net book

Ann

I would like to buy some books of asp.net.
Can anyone suggest me some good ones for developer?

Thanks in advance

Craig Deelsnyder

Ann said:
I would like to buy some books of asp.net.
Can anyone suggest me some good ones for developer?

Thanks in advance

What level are you? I assume beginner. The Sam's Teach Yourself books
are always good for a general intro, etc. But I really like the APress
books for just about anything. I find them easier to read with better
explanations, etc. I was never fan of Wrox books (note APress bought
Wrox and I believe its library recently).

They recently released a 'best practices' book as well:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=pd_sim_art_elt/002-2069195-3204847?v=glance

Craig Deelsnyder

Ann said:
I would like to buy some books of asp.net.
Can anyone suggest me some good ones for developer?

Thanks in advance

What level are you? I assume beginner. The Sam's Teach Yourself books
are always good for a general intro, etc. But I really like the APress
books for just about anything. I find them easier to read with better
explanations, etc. I was never fan of Wrox books (note APress bought
Wrox and I believe its library recently).

They recently released a 'best practices' book as well:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=pd_sim_art_elt/002-2069195-3204847?v=glance

Jim Nugent

Ann said:
I would like to buy some books of asp.net.
Can anyone suggest me some good ones for developer?

Thanks in advance

I like the Microsoft Press books such as _Microsoft ASP.NET Programming
Using Microsoft Visual C#.NET_ by Duthie. There is probably one Based on
VB.Net as well.

OTOH you can save your money and just read the .Net Framework and Visual
Studio Help files. These are excellent and might be all you need.

Ann

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Ann

--
Jim (for e-mail replace invalid with net)
"Remember, an amateur built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."

.