    Bob Guest

    What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
    crap in it as well?
    Bob, Jun 14, 2006

  2. Bob

    Ari Guest

    any book by o'reilly
    Ari, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Bob wrote:
    > What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
    > crap in it as well?

    Without knowing exactly what it is you want to do, it's almost
    impossible to say what's useless and what isn't. This is almost like
    asking for a math book without saying what kind of math you need to do.

    If you're looking for the basics, you might want to start with on-line
    docs rather than hardcopy books. I know there's a lot of tutorial
    material on IBM's DeveloperWorks website (http://www.ibm.com/xml) along
    with more advanced material; I don't agree 100% with everything
    published there but it's a darned good set of resources and _not_
    limited to IBM's official positions.

    Joe Kesselman, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Bob wrote:

    > What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
    > crap in it as well?

    What is useless crap ? Are you sure you can make this
    judgement before you read the book ?
    Juergen Kahrs, Jun 14, 2006
  5. Bob

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > What is a good book for learning XML that doesn't have 400 pages of useless
    > crap in it as well?

    If you could define what (for you) is useless crap, perhaps we can
    recommend some books.

    IMHE one person's crap is another's gold dust.

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/
    Peter Flynn, Jun 15, 2006